Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I was just curious if anyone was having problems with their OEM rear panel. I ordered one and it came in a few weeks ago and first of all I found that you have to be heman to get the panel on and off which makes its a pain when you want it off for washing ect. The other problem I am having is that it is a horrible fit you can get the bottom to line up nice then the top is not quite right and vice versa. I tried what little adjustment (very little) you can do and still not lining up nice. Maybe I got a Friday built panel hahaha. I know Extreme Metal Products makes a nice one too but it just erks me to not be able to use and be happy with the one I already have. Worst case scenario I will get the one from Extreme Metal Products and cut the one from Polaris down and convert it into a full windshield for winter. However I am curious if anyone else has run into the same problem. Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
My Polaris rear window took a bit of wiggling to get it to pop down on both sides at the bottom. The clearance is a little tight. But once I got it in there, which only took a couple of minutes, I feel like it fits like a glove.
Can you take pictures to show us what the issue with yours looks like?

View attachment 635 View attachment 636

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would post a picture but the dealer has it and is checking into it for me! Thanks! Gosh I love a great helpful dealer!

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Don't know if any of you would be interested or not, but Tusk is making a canvas/isinglass rear panel for the Ace now!! Just what I have been looking for!! Rocky Mountain ATV has them on their site for $44.99 + shipping. I'll post my take on it once it gets here.
Got a Link?

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
No problem. Once you get to the page showing the product, all you have to do is click in the address bar at the top of the web browser, select that text, right-click, and choose "Copy".
Then right-click in a message window on the forum and click "Paste".
That's all there is to it.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Hi I was just curious if anyone was having problems with their OEM rear panel. I ordered one and it came in a few weeks ago and first of all I found that you have to be heman to get the panel on and off which makes its a pain when you want it off for washing ect. The other problem I am having is that it is a horrible fit you can get the bottom to line up nice then the top is not quite right and vice versa. I tried what little adjustment (very little) you can do and still not lining up nice. Maybe I got a Friday built panel hahaha. I know Extreme Metal Products makes a nice one too but it just erks me to not be able to use and be happy with the one I already have. Worst case scenario I will get the one from Extreme Metal Products and cut the one from Polaris down and convert it into a full windshield for winter. However I am curious if anyone else has run into the same problem. Thanks!!!!

Sorry for your trouble. Mine fit like a glove and couldn't have fit better. Yes they are a little tight but once they're set there in there for good
and I never remove it for cleaning. I don't need to have mine that clean cause it's just going to get dirty again, and you can clean it OK and still leave it on

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry for your trouble. Mine fit like a glove and couldn't have fit better. Yes they are a little tight but once they're set there in there for good
and I never remove it for cleaning. I don't need to have mine that clean cause it's just going to get dirty again, and you can clean it OK and still leave it on
It ended up being the rear roll bar was welded improperly so I ended up getting a new rear roll bar. Polaris covered it under warranty because the Ace was brand new at that time. I never take the rear panel off during cleaning either it's too much of pain.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Didn't you also have a problem with one of the rear shocks rubbing that turned out to be something welded wrong? Or was that someone else?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Didn't you also have a problem with one of the rear shocks rubbing that turned out to be something welded wrong? Or was that someone else?
Nope that wasn't me, but I did have clutch bolts back out and put some nasty marks on the clutch itself.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
My Polaris rear window took a bit of wiggling to get it to pop down on both sides at the bottom. The clearance is a little tight. But once I got it in there, which only took a couple of minutes, I feel like it fits like a glove.
Can you take pictures to show us what the issue with yours looks like?

View attachment 635 View attachment 636
Scoundrel....which roof are you using. The Polaris roof on mine, the rear windscreen actually tucked up underneath the Polaris roof. Yours looks completely different

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
That is the Polaris rear window and the Polaris canvas roof.
Looks completely different, you say? I saw a 570 Black Pearl SP a few weeks ago, and his canvas roof looks just like mine.
And, uh, that rear window IS tucked up under the roof. Just barely, but it's under there.
Maybe post up some pics of yours?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
That is the Polaris rear window and the Polaris canvas roof.
Looks completely different, you say? I saw a 570 Black Pearl SP a few weeks ago, and his canvas roof looks just like mine.
And, uh, that rear window IS tucked up under the roof. Just barely, but it's under there.
Maybe post up some pics of yours?
I understand now....mine is the hard roof and it does look different than the soft roof, and I guess 2-3 inches of the rear panel tucks up under mine

1 - 16 of 16 Posts