Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evenin All,

Curious:

I bought the factory soft top for my 570 as I liked the look of it. The install directions don't show the install with the factory windshield. Having the same mounts Im curious if anyone has tied the soft top to the windshield and utilized the same front mounts for both?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The instructions that came with it don't give me that option. The only thing they say is a specific height from the top of the storage box. I ended up using the windshield mount anyways. Tied together pretty good. Ill work on some pics.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have the EMP full windshield and considered sharing the top mount with the polaris canvas roof .
but in the end decided against it , because in the summer I like to remove the windshield but keep the top.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had thought about taking off the windshield come summer but we have quite a bit of dust our way and I cant stand goggles. If I decide to it would be easy enough to simply unscrew the top and reuse the mounts once the windshield is off anyways.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Whys that Mustang? Draft around the outer edge and into the cab? Do you have the rear windshield as well?

·
Registered
218 Posts
on some of the really dusty trails around here in summer the dust is so fine and it swirls in from the rear, after a couple hours I am literally covered in fine silt dust ,
especially the inside of the windshield. Jericho park is the worst for dust
and the heat it holds in the cab is borderline unbearable on a 85 degree new england day

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
First order is a REAR window, before anything else, if you want to reduce the dust in the cockpit by a huge margin. Then a top and last a front windshield. This is true on the Ace as well as the Rzr. I personally did not like the soft top and replaced it with a hard top.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Now with the soft top installed I have all 3 in. I had thought about removing the windshield come summer but will see how everything pans out. I gotta imagine the wind would be welcome on a hot day in the woods.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts