Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright, only thing added to stock battery are 2 PIAA driving lights, small LED marker lights & winch. Installing full stereo system & 16ft. of RGB Lighting off 2nd battery. Just got the Aopec Smart Battery Isolator & a larger battery. Have no problem with wiring relays & switches, but is it possible to wire a separate "ignition only" power block off the 2nd battery similar to the stock power block under front rack? I'd like to have the 2nd battery useable for stereo/lighting ONLY when machine is running. Just curious if this setup would render the isolator useless? Not a problem connecting normally, just a preference if anyone has already done this?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Just throwing this out here, and others can fine tune it.....Run a relay or two off of the keyed hot side of factory battery to power accessories from the auxiliary battery.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Sir! Darn, was so worried about accidentally tying batteries together after installing isolator, never considered concept of ignition source (blonde moment) :p

Yeah, see now that would work perfect! Power from ignition (+) of main battery will open/close the relay coil, while allowing power from auxiliary battery to pass through to accessories. Suppose one could install 3-way master battery switch, but it's only as good as remembering to switch it off. Prefer knowing batteries really are disconnected when machine is off. Thanks again, love this site...always great ideas & help! ;)

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Stubby. Yeah I always use relays, fuses & switches even for the smallest of accessories. Sure having a blast with this Ace...a ton of great mods & not enough time or money :p

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The lower right area on frame behind seat is perfect for stock sized batteries, but I'm going with the Blue Optima deep-cycle battery which is way too large to fit in that area. The Optima will mount to a battery tray at front & center inside cargo box. Tray will be mounted using the lock 'n' ride holes & should distribute the weight more evenly. Battery isolator, relays & accessory fuse box will all be mounted with 2nd battery. I'd post pics, but removed everything in order to finish up the stereo system install.

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
thank you. I was hoping there was some small battery sized enclave I did not know about.

I have the polaris storage trunk in that spot, so I will have to keep looking.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts