Polaris ACE Forum banner

21 - 40 of 496 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
No, nothing at all they went on smooth and easy!

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Thanks Abby....there are some posts saying something had to be trimmed to mount the utv giant doors if using the Polaris nerf bars. I appreciate the info, it will help me with the decision to buy them or not

·
Registered
79 Posts
No problem, just wanted to make sure you know my doors are the Polaris doors not the UTV Giant doors.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Ok Abby After looking again I see the division between top and bottom. At first glance and them being black I thought they were UTV Giant doors Thanks for the clarification

·
Registered
107 Posts
New Doors

View attachment 2679 Finally got time to install the Sport Doors that I order Christmas Day. Got the lower panels to finish yet. Thought with the snow on now that I would give the Ace a test. What I found out was that the Pro Comp Xtreme Trax tires are NOT designed for snow. The rubber compound must be way-y-y-y-y to hard. Could hardly make it up some small hills in 4 wheel drive. Pulled back in the garage ,jacked it up and installed the stock tires. WHAT A DIFFERENCE. Could now go up those small hills in 2 wheel drive... and front end would turn when I cut the wheel. Anyone else tried Pro Comps in the snow???? Great tire for trail riding , but NO SNOW!!! Stock tires will be staying on for a while now..

·
Registered
552 Posts
View attachment 2679 Finally got time to install the Sport Doors that I order Christmas Day. Got the lower panels to finish yet. Thought with the snow on now that I would give the Ace a test. What I found out was that the Pro Comp Xtreme Trax tires are NOT designed for snow. The rubber compound must be way-y-y-y-y to hard. Could hardly make it up some small hills in 4 wheel drive. Pulled back in the garage ,jacked it up and installed the stock tires. WHAT A DIFFERENCE. Could now go up those small hills in 2 wheel drive... and front end would turn when I cut the wheel. Anyone else tried Pro Comps in the snow???? Great tire for trail riding , but NO SNOW!!! Stock tires will be staying on for a while now..
Hummm makes me want to try my stock tires see if they do better in the snow then the black diamonds.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Man I wanna play in some snow with mine!!!!! :) on the other hand I'm a mail carrier and REALLY hate delivering mail in the snow! Lol!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
The lower doors just bolt to the upper doors and hang off them. They are solid, I have "rubbed" quite a few trees and they still open/close well, no rattling.

21 - 40 of 496 Posts