Polaris ACE Forum banner

Post pics of your ACE!!!

212K views 497 replies 160 participants last post by  Punch It 
#1 ·
Don't know if y'all are like me but I LOVE lookin at pics of other peoples rides. Mine is pretty much stock but I'll post one to start it. If you think this is a useless post fine just ignore it and don't post a pic. Please just don't be negative because you don't wanna do it! :) Land vehicle All-terrain vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Tire

See less See more
#4 ·
Here is a picture of mine, quick photo snap along the trail this past fall. I have added front and rear bumpers, nerf bars, all interior bags, rear storage box, roof, HID headlights, two small spot lights mounted on the front bumper, RZR rims, Mayhem tires, rear panel, mid windshield, custom homemade upper windshield half, RZR side mirrors, fire extinguisher, and rear view mirror. Yet to come will be a light bar, winch, horn, interior light, and stereo of some sort. Man I love winter but is it Spring yet? I am dying to get out riding again!!

View attachment 2643

#5 ·
All-terrain vehicle Motor vehicle Tire Automotive tire Vehicle

This is my favorite picture of the ACE with Lake Michigan in the background. I've done plenty of modifications, all with the main goal to make it street legal, which I finally accomplished. I built the bumpers and nerd bars from scratch along with several little things. I bought this thing because I want to have more fun. In the past few years I had some surgeries and am not able to do some of the other things I like like running, back-country skiing, etc. The ACE helps me compensate for that. It's also helped me rekindle some old relationships with longtime friends.

#14 ·
View attachment 2644

This is my favorite picture of the ACE with Lake Michigan in the background. I've done plenty of modifications, all with the main goal to make it street legal, which I finally accomplished. I built the bumpers and nerd bars from scratch along with several little things. I bought this thing because I want to have more fun. In the past few years I had some surgeries and am not able to do some of the other things I like like running, back-country skiing, etc. The ACE helps me compensate for that. It's also helped me rekindle some old relationships with longtime friends.
why are your fronts on backwards? swap them for width?
love the work you have done yourself...more satisfaction than just bolting on someone else's stuff IMHO :)

#8 ·
I really like the Mayhems myself. They make muddy areas super effortless, but if you like to slide around in the mud then your out of luck because these just hook up and go. I ride mostly railroad grade and trails that are tight and full of tight turns. This year was a very dry year and I put over 2000 miles on these tires in these conditions and these tires made all the difference over the stockers. I was able to maintain decent speed into corners, when the trail was wide enough to do so, and feel completely in control. You can get the rear end to slide on dry trails but keep control which was what I was looking for. Slow speeds on pavement is a bumpy ride, but that's to be expected because of the tread aggressiveness on these. Over 2000 miles on these tires no flats and they still look brand new!

#10 ·
Same as the stockers were 25-8-12 in the front 25-10-12 in the rear. I stayed with the same size because they are taller than the stockers and I didn't want to add anymore tire weight by going bigger and chance causing premature wear and tear, even though they say you can go with a bigger size. They did steal a little top end but very minor, I am talking like 2 mph. Does not bother me because most of the area I ride you can't go full throttle, it's more about being able to maneuver turns and fun tricky trails.

#20 ·
Reactions: WillB
#19 ·
Ace Ventura....what size rear tires are those?

#22 ·
Thanks Abby....there are some posts saying something had to be trimmed to mount the utv giant doors if using the Polaris nerf bars. I appreciate the info, it will help me with the decision to buy them or not

#24 ·
Ok Abby After looking again I see the division between top and bottom. At first glance and them being black I thought they were UTV Giant doors Thanks for the clarification

#25 ·
New Doors

View attachment 2679 Finally got time to install the Sport Doors that I order Christmas Day. Got the lower panels to finish yet. Thought with the snow on now that I would give the Ace a test. What I found out was that the Pro Comp Xtreme Trax tires are NOT designed for snow. The rubber compound must be way-y-y-y-y to hard. Could hardly make it up some small hills in 4 wheel drive. Pulled back in the garage ,jacked it up and installed the stock tires. WHAT A DIFFERENCE. Could now go up those small hills in 2 wheel drive... and front end would turn when I cut the wheel. Anyone else tried Pro Comps in the snow???? Great tire for trail riding , but NO SNOW!!! Stock tires will be staying on for a while now..

#27 ·
View attachment 2679 Finally got time to install the Sport Doors that I order Christmas Day. Got the lower panels to finish yet. Thought with the snow on now that I would give the Ace a test. What I found out was that the Pro Comp Xtreme Trax tires are NOT designed for snow. The rubber compound must be way-y-y-y-y to hard. Could hardly make it up some small hills in 4 wheel drive. Pulled back in the garage ,jacked it up and installed the stock tires. WHAT A DIFFERENCE. Could now go up those small hills in 2 wheel drive... and front end would turn when I cut the wheel. Anyone else tried Pro Comps in the snow???? Great tire for trail riding , but NO SNOW!!! Stock tires will be staying on for a while now..
Hummm makes me want to try my stock tires see if they do better in the snow then the black diamonds.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.