Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search on this and only found one thread with a similar issue. I have a 2016 ace 570sp and a few weeks ago I had jacked the front end up to clean underneath the machine with the water hose and when I put it down and started to pull it in the garage the EPS warning light was on and I had no power steering. Let it sit for a while and went back out later and all was fine.

Had a similar issue a week or so later but it wasnt raised up or anything. And then yesterday I drove down the road a piece and turned it off and went inside for a while and come back out to drive home and same thing. Let it sit a while and it's fine.

Any ideas?

And of course my warranty just expired.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I did a search on this and only found one thread with a similar issue. I have a 2016 ace 570sp and a few weeks ago I had jacked the front end up to clean underneath the machine with the water hose and when I put it down and started to pull it in the garage the EPS warning light was on and I had no power steering. Let it sit for a while and went back out later and all was fine.

Had a similar issue a week or so later but it wasnt raised up or anything. And then yesterday I drove down the road a piece and turned it off and went inside for a while and come back out to drive home and same thing. Let it sit a while and it's fine.

Any ideas?

Make sure your eps fuse is tight in the box, and I would replace it even if it is tight. Since your problem is intermittent it sounds like a connection may be loose

Reactions: polarbear

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Make sure your eps fuse is tight in the box, and I would replace it even if it is tight. Since your problem is intermittent it sounds like a connection may be loose
I'll check that. I find it weird it's usually after it's been parked for a while and I get back in it and no power steering. Best I can remember it's never been when I go out and start it for the first time of the day.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'd watch the battery voltage, if it's too low the EPS won't engage and the warning light will come on the speedo.

If it's not working, after you've gone for a bit (few blocks, half mile or something), shut it off and restart, if it works that also points to your battery.

·
Registered
9 Posts

Any ideas?

I have a similar problem in that when idling everything is fine, but when you hit 2000rpm the eps kicks out and the instrument lights go out. Idle it back down and it's fine. Got it into the shop Friday before warranty expired. Will see how it goes.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I have a similar problem in that when idling everything is fine, but when you hit 2000rpm the eps kicks out and the instrument lights go out. Idle it back down and it's fine. Got it into the shop Friday before warranty expired. Will see how it goes.
It definitely sounds like your problem is dealing with vibration so check your fuses also and make sure theyre plugged in tight

·
Registered
57 Posts
One of my 900 SP Aces did this and ended up being the voltage regulator, covered under warranty but you can find some aftermarket replacements.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was riding Hatfield and my power steering started intermittently going out, progressively getting worse until it completely died and lit the power steering warning light. I thought my weekend was done and I was buying a $2k power steering unit. Checked my fuse box and the eps fuse was just barely touching the socket. Put a new fuse in for good measure and it’s good as new!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts