Polaris ACE Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Scoundrel/Duane, help me out...

First off, I sent the PS units back to Super ATV...I wimped out on tearing my bikes apart, but the real deal is my family and I went out last Saturday to our track and we found it very easy to steer. Now here's the part where I need help. I want to show off my new twin bikes but I can't seem to attach photos from my Mac. When I hit preview, the photos don't show...so I did't post my new thread...

Also, I can't find the spot to add my email so I will know when someone replies to this thread...I'm sure it's in my profile somewhere. This forum is similar to others I visit but still.

Thanks in advance...

Mr DJ
http://www.aceforums.net/forum/14-off-topic/409-how-post-photos.html

Forum Actions (near the top center) -> Edit Profile -> General Settings (on the left) -> Default Thread Subscription Mode (about the middle): Instantly, using e-mail

·
Registered
247 Posts
Just got 2 SUPER ATV EPS kits in today. Will install them weekend after next when I have some time off. Can't wait to eliminate most bump steer which I noticed last ride.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I see a lot of posts regarding the EZ steer system, and lots of comments regarding fitment issues. Well I just finished installing the Electra Steer kit instead of the EZ steer, and I have to say that install was a breeze. The only disassembly of the machine I had to do was the steering wheel and steering shaft. There was ample room for the new steering shaft and motor assembly, no cutting or grinding required whatsoever. Install of the mechanicals took about an hour and a half and wiring took another hour. Kit works as it should and I've got to say, every Ace should have come with EPS. Backing up trailers is a breeze now, and low speed maneuvering on concrete is sooo much easier.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sure appreciate this thread. Modifying the Ace to make it more fun for my wife. This PS should help alot. Glad there are a bunch of ypu there if the need arises for help

·
Registered
247 Posts
I can't recommend the Super ATV kit. I'm not sure what I did wrong but on both of my 570 ACE's there is not enough length of the bottom steering shaft to get a secure attachment to the steering box output shaft. The bolt bolt to secure everything is slightly smaller in diameter and both wife and I had the shaft pop off leaving us with no steering which fortunately didn't kill us.

I fixed the problem by using spacers on the electrical power steering unit to it sat lower and didn't dug on the output shaft as much. So far no problems but not sure why no one else has had this problem.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I can recommend the Super ATV unit. With all the bolts loose installation is no problem. However the cross brace that holds the ECU is .25 inches to short and will pull the motor mounting plate out of alignment. I added a spacer at the sandwiched plate side of the L shaped ECU bracket. My only complaint is the steering shaft u joints are out of phase, not a big deal. I added an ABF (fabrication required) steering quickener and my steering is now awesome!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Does any know how many watts the Ace Super ATV or EZ-steer EPS units uses ? I would like to know if it is more powerful than the stock Polaris EPS unit. There are after market EPS units that come in 170w, 220w and a whopping 380w, Im pretty sure the SATV and EZ-S are 170W for the Ace but does not say on their site.
And just to confirm SATV and EZ-S are NOT speed sensitive ...correct?

Thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
Specifications
Input Torque: 0-5.16 Ft Lbs / 0-7Nm
Output Torque: 0-28.77 Ft Lbs / 0-39Nm
ECU Voltage: 10-16v
ECU Current: 30A
Motor Voltage: 12v
Motor Current: 30A
Motor Power: 220w
Unit incorporates a torque sensor.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Perfect thanks guys..... I'm not really diggin the speed sensitive Polaris unit as I prefer the same feel all the time. We seem to ride a lot of really twisty trails with big ruts and off camber that demands more steering power so I'm thinking about swapping in the most powerful 380W unit that should give me the most effortless steering possible hopefully

Thanks again

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Specifications
Input Torque: 0-5.16 Ft Lbs / 0-7Nm
Output Torque: 0-28.77 Ft Lbs / 0-39Nm
ECU Voltage: 10-16v
ECU Current: 30A
Motor Voltage: 12v
Motor Current: 30A
Motor Power: 220w
Unit incorporates a torque sensor.
Ok, question here.

I read one post where the EZ steer was drawing current when the machine was off, I thought....."why did the installer wire it to constant power instead of keyed power". Then I noticed the 30A current is more than the keyed power fuse so that is not a good solution. Recommendations?

·
Registered
57 Posts
The ez steer is wired to the 30A B+ and the switched ACC terminals. It has an internal relay and there is no current draw with the ignition in the off position.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ez steer working great on Pioneer 500 for 2 years and counting. Just got a 2017 ACE 570 and may add, but charts only show fitment up to 2016?? Tusk is a similar unit was cheaper, checking on fitment.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts