Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of adding power steering to the Ace. Superatv sells a decent looking kit. Anybody have experience with it and how hard to install.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Duane and I installed one in his machine about three weeks ago. It is a pretty straightforward install with good instructions. We did have a minor clearence issue with the back of the motor contacting part of the sub frame. A little grinding and paint took care of it in quick order. Taking all of the front plastic body and front cage off seemed to take forever. If you are the least bit inclinded and have a basic working knowledge of tools, by all means go for it. It is not brain surgery, then you can stand back and say "I did that". Duane has a shoulder problem, and seems pleased with the operation of his system.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok great thanks for the info. My wife had surgery on her shoulder a year ago thought maybe the power steering would help. As far as knowledge of tools I am the head welder for the city of Pittsbugh Water Dept. So I can handle it. Plus my dads a TV Repaiman he's got a cool set of tools, lol.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
EPS will definitely help with shoulder issues. Some people complain that the EPS takes the feedback out of the steering wheel. Yes, yes it does. And that's exactly what other people want.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok great and I just read the thread Scoundrel wrote about the Super Atv kit install. That helps a lot also.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I said some grumpy things in there in the heat of the moment, but if I had it to do over again, I would.
The long term benefit far outweighs the short-lived installation hassle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts