Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any idea as to a part number for the Polaris pre filter like the ones that wrap around the air filter on the regular Sportsman, and if anyone has tried using one on the ACE. I like the idea of having that very small mesh prefilter over the regular air filter. Lets face it the prefilter on the ACE has to allow lots of very small particles actually get to the regular filter and a wrap of the air filter would stop a lot of dust getting through. Any ideas are appreciated

·
Registered
421 Posts
Try Outerwares prefilters. Ive used them on my RZR with the stock air filter. I bet they have one that'll fit.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Outerwears has a pre-filter for the ranger 570 that will work on the ace 570. The part # is 20-1244. I am thinking about ordering one myself:eagerness:

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Outerwears has a pre-filter for the ranger 570 that will work on the ace 570. The part # is 20-1244. I am thinking about ordering one myself:eagerness:
I also looked that up today pb I ordered one $18.45 Thanks for the reply. That is also the correct part number for the ACE 325 and will also work on the ACE 570

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I significantly reduced the amount of money I spent on filters for the RZR by putting one of those fine outer filters on it.
Seems like a good thing for the ACE too. Not sure how well it works combined with an oiled foam filter, but it's a great combo with the paper filter.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I significantly reduced the amount of money I spent on filters for the RZR by putting one of those fine outer filters on it.
Seems like a good thing for the ACE too. Not sure how well it works combined with an oiled foam filter, but it's a great combo with the paper filter.
I had one on my Sportsman 500 with UNI filter and worked fine. I actually put it on the inner filter of the UNI and then used the outer on top of that. Not much has a chance to get through. The key is to oil it lightly. Some people use way too much oil

Reactions: Scoundrel
1 - 6 of 6 Posts