Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The ace is loaded on the back of the Frieghtliner for our travel west in a few weeks
Does anybody put any covers over or plastic inside the inlet covers to keep any rain out of inlets
We will be traveling from NH to AZ about 3600 miles
Thanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have finally got my pictures to this computer.
The 570 is loaded on the back of the truck and traveling next month.
Here is a picture and was concerned about the air inlets.
I had read the post reference to washing
just looking at keeping a little moisture out air boxes.
View attachment 1919

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
If you understand about the rubber drains and you still want to keep water out, just wrap the inlet cover in plastic wrap and pop it back on there during transport. That's a 30-second fix that will keep them dry.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is exactly what I was thinking about
Everything else looks like it is ok
Leaving EMP roof on, took windshield off, wife is making a storage bag out of a old sweatshirt and putting under back seat of truck.
Will post a photo mid October when the 5th wheel is hooked to the truck for travel west.

·
Registered
67 Posts
That is exactly what I was thinking about
Everything else looks like it is ok
Leaving EMP roof on, took windshield off, wife is making a storage bag out of a old sweatshirt and putting under back seat of truck.
Will post a photo mid October when the 5th wheel is hooked to the truck for travel west.

if you are going to leave the roof on, put 4 heavy duty zip ties on each clamp. i have done heard of people loseing there roof`s when trailoring. and the way you have yours
setup it looks like theres going to be a lot of wind coming off the roof of your truck. it`s very easy to remove the four clamps, and just take the roof off to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bilbo,
I bought the EMP roof for the 570.
There roof is powder coated aluminum and is held on with 4 bolts that are attached with rubber coated stainless steel strap.
Will not move unless a tornado took the hole unit off truck
Because of the clamps on the windshield, I take i off when transporting the unit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts