Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a lot of research, I had settled on the Ace 570 as my 1st ATV. Yesterday I rented one for a half day ride in northern New Hampshire and I came away perfectly satisfied except for 1 very bad issue. After the engine warmed up, my upper body was almost continuously blasted with hot air as if I had a heater on full blast. It seemed to be coming from the up-front radiator. The weather was cool (temperature was 68 degrees and cloudy). I can't imagine enduring that if it were a hot day.

Is this normal on an Ace 570 or is something wrong with the rental vehicle?

I had a chance to drive a Rzr 900 for a little while and felt no heat at all.

I was really excited about getting an Ace and I hope people who already have one tell me that is not normal.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My feet get hot while riding but that's all. Don't know if it had a full windshield on it that might be some of the problem. I don't have a windshield on mine. I ride in Arizona and ride pretty comfortable even when 95 degree.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I ride in 100 Deg. F. sunshine. I feel some heat on the back of the seat, but not the front area.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I closed up the hole in the floor where the steering shaft goes through and I run a rear glass in the summer and it keeps the heat blown out pretty much even around the feet. In the winter I can take the tape off and put the front windshield in and stay comfortably warm most of the time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've seen some complaints about heat and was concerned. I have about 600 miles on my Ace 570 with the temp up to 90 or so and haven't found it to be an issue. Full doors on mine with no windshield and everything from high speed fire roads to slow speed rock crawling.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. The rental had a full windshield, no rear panel and no doors. I haven't given up on an Ace. I'll talk to the dealer about the heat issue and see if he has a suggestion.

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Many rental places make modifications, but I cant think of any examples that would cause hot air to blow up front. I will tell you that a 570 SP had to pull over to cool off on our run. It was blowing hot air from the front, but not into the cabin.

·
Registered
109 Posts
There are a few air deflectors/shields underneath that if missing (or damaged) could allow extra air to flow through.

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
There are a few air deflectors/shields underneath that if missing (or damaged) could allow extra air to flow through.
Good observation. I can see these things breaking off on rental machines that are not treated well by renters.

·
Registered
114 Posts
As I have posted previously, the Ace 570 is very prone to a hot cab. I have advised Polaris that the air flow from the radiator is restricted by hoses and wires and the heat migrates to the cab. It heats the fire wall and even the steering shaft and steering wheel. There are post from others showing how they insulated the fire wall. It's good heat in the winter but not so good in the summer. I plan to install a fan beside the radiator to assist moving the heat out the side. I have to wonder about the heat from the new 900 model...
Norm

·
Registered
447 Posts
KWN, I have a 2014 ACE 325 and it had significant cab heating problems. I added full doors and that trapped even more heat. As Norman Lagueux stated, the radiator heats up the firewall. The exhaust system also heats up the plastic behind the seat. I covered the firewall inside the cab with insulation. I used an infrared thermometer to check for hot spots after the initial application of insulation and doubled the insulation in places. I put insulation between the exhaust system and the rear plastic. I now have the cab at ambient temperature. There is still some heating of the cargo box in the rear and I have more insulation planned. In the long run, I don't know if all the insulation will cause other damage. The heat that used to dissipate inside the cab is now going other places. I also wrapped the air box with insulation to protect it from exhaust heat. There has been one report of a damaged air box from the exhaust heat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts