Polaris ACE Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Vendor
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We've already got some discussion going here so I thought I would start a thread for our new replacement uprights.

These are currently running on a couple of our factory Polaris race cars in GNCC and have been performing flawlessly and taking a serious beating. The current design is most likely not the final but we've been getting so hammered with interest we've decided to do some limited production of what we're currently racing with while we continue to expand on the concept and start to work on geometry changes and other tricks we've been developing.

The current design uses all steel construction, matches OEM geometry, adds only 8 lbs. to the overall vehicle weight, works with OEM struts or aftermarket and uses a double shear tie rod mount design which requires the use of our HD tie rod replacement kit which is another fix for another weak area anyways. These gen1 uprights will work with OEM ball joints and will work with the OEM replacement A-arms we're working on as well as the forward a-arms we're currently working on.

The uprights are $1,195 for a pair in bare steel. We can powdercoat any OEM color for $75 extra. The HD tie rod kit is $265. We can do 5% off the two kits if you purchase the uprights and tie rods at the same time which puts your total at $1,387 + $75 for upright powdercoat. The tie rods come black unless you'd like them custom coated with your uprights for an extra $15. We're not offering much of a discount now and we rarely ever do since our stuff seems to always been in high enough demand that we never have a hard time getting rid of it. We also don't build extra margin in to our prices just to give feel-good discounts. Nope, at Racer Tech we try to keep everything really simple and get you the best products and service for a fair price. Hopefully a little bundle discount will help and we know the first customers always end up helping us adjust for OEM fitment variations ect. before we get production perfected so doing something for a beta discount helps for that as well.

We decided today to start taking orders for these with 50% down and 50% when we ship. Please expect 3-4 weeks for lead times for first here but we're going to try to get this down a bit fairly quick. We do have tie rod kits in stock now already from what I've been told here.

Until we get these all up on our website we ask all orders are placed by phone at 616-928-0616. Anyone who answers the phone can help. The part numbers for the Upright Kit is: ACE-UPR-KIT. The HD Tie Rod Kit is: ACE-TRKIT. Please have these part numbers ready when you call.

Thanks,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Quick question for you. Do you know if any of the current lift kits will work with your struts? I have a highlifter 2in lift and need the lift for the trails I ride. Thanks.

·
Vendor
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quick question for you. Do you know if any of the current lift kits will work with your struts? I have a highlifter 2in lift and need the lift for the trails I ride. Thanks.
Not too sure about the other kits but we have our own 2" lift kit we're about to release as well that we KNOW works with these... ;)

I think these uprights should work with any other lift though, or at least they should.. They use all OEM dimensions as far as struts and springs go.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Woohoo! Lift and forward A-Arms from a high end manufacturer! I need to start saving my pennies! I'm not in a huge hurry but when do you expect to release these 2 items?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Awesome! I'm looking to clear a 30" tire. Do you think it will be possible with this combination?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Racer Tech - Gen1 Ace Replacement Uprights

Im really interested in the geometry changes what do you hope to accomplish with these changes

·
Vendor
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We're mainly focused on improving handling and steering for racing. This will come back around to help everyone in the end. I literally just drove one of our factory race cars with the +3" forward arms and was pretty impressed right out the gate. It's a little too much for caster and upper strut frame clearance and even too much draft on the axles and tie rods and we didn't even realign it. But, it was amazingly more stable in turns and I was actually able to drift it a bit on dry pavement which I've NEVER dared to do before! These things are normally scary as heck to drive as far as I'm concerned... I think we're on to something good.

And once again.. Looks like I need to start another thread! lol

·
Registered
109 Posts
Well I pulled the trigger and ordered a set of uprights and hd tie rods. Said 4 to 6 week lead time. After they are installed I will probably just sell my hardly used stock ones.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm gonna need you to throw in some awesome Racer Tech stickers with my order

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not too sure about the other kits but we have our own 2" lift kit we're about to release as well that we KNOW works with these... ;)

I think these uprights should work with any other lift though, or at least they should.. They use all OEM dimensions as far as struts and springs go.
Can you release any info on the lift kit?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Well I pulled the trigger and ordered a set of uprights and hd tie rods. Said 4 to 6 week lead time. After they are installed I will probably just sell my hardly used stock ones.
DIBBS.....Put me on the sell to list. I have broke a strut and feel it will come again.

duane
two 2014 Polaris ACE

·
Vendor
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Can you release any info on the lift kit?
Oops! Somehow I must have missed these other questions.. Sorry I took a bit too respond...

The lift should be released this week now. It's a 2" kit and from what we've seen, it's the only one to actually change any geometry (which is always preferred over a puck style lift if possible). The front obviously doesn't allow for any geometry changes so we did a combination of things there.. We've been testing this lift for a while now and are very happy with it. It's in production now and we'll be starting pre-orders soon.

Thanks,

·
Vendor
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Do the tie rods, uprights, lift kit, etc....change the overall 50" width?
No sir. The lift will narrow the track width a little bit but that's it. The arms, uprights, etc maintain OEM width.

·
Vendor
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Has there been any updates on the ace struts?
Yes. Here's a LINK to the current thread where we continue discussing them. We are actually on Gen3 now which is where we finally settled and are selling these on our website HERE.

I'm going to close this thread now if I can to alleviate and future confusion.

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.