Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Vendor
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

We've been working our tails off trying to make our uprights as strong as possible but still as affordable as possible. We knew when we released the Rev1 kits at $1200 it would really limit the buyer pool but we knew some people would not want to wait for us to get our game plan together. Well, we've made a bunch of changes in the way we make the welded components and even developed a bit of a "hybrid" welding technique using some MIG and some TIG and we were able to get about $200 off the price. I think this is about as good as it will get. We're shipping out this set here to fill an order and then making a few final tweaks for full production to help just a little more, but the price from now on will be $995. Hopefully everyone knows we want to make the best for you but we do care about what you're spending too. We get it. We're in to this sport too. ;)

Anyone who's been holding out to order may gladly phone in orders any time now and we'll work on getting these up on the site once and for all.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Those look really sweet!

Are you planning to do a kit that includes wheel bearings and ball joints already installed, so the end user can just slap them on?
How are you holding the ball joints in there? Snap rings?

·
Vendor
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We haven't discussed supplying ball joints or wheel bearings yet. I'm working on getting set up direct with Polaris for parts right now though so I guess we could offer new hardware as an upgrade if someone really wants it. We've got a trick for pulling ball joints now too and wheel bearings are really easy. I think we might make a video of our ball joint service soon at least so maybe that will help some people.

To answer your other question, yes, the ball joints are held by a retaining ring and we supply a machined ring to go with it to make up the stepped shoulder distance on the joint. It's aluminum so it can be sanded a little bit at a time to get a perfect fit since these OEM ball joints have been seeming to have rather sloppy tolerances so far... We've also got shims for the back side we can mail if a customer needs them for fine tuning the fit as well. Haven't needed them yet so they're not currently included in the kit. We try to cover every contingency we can think of during development though. ;)

Thanks!

·
Registered
421 Posts
I have forward a arms on my Ace. Will these work with your tie tods?

·
Vendor
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Will the stock tie rods work with these uprights?
The tie rod setup is the same for the Gen2 design because we just really like it.. We're thinking though, the stock tie rods could work (if you really wanted to keep them) if we machined another custom spacer or even stacked a couple extra washers in between to make up the difference from our HD tie rods spacers... So, if this is something that's important to people I think we can accommodate now..

Thanks,

·
Vendor
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't necessarily "want" to keep the stock tie rods. I'm just trying to spread out the pain. :)
Totally understandable!

I think this makes good sense. I wish I would have thought of it sooner but I'm kind of spoiled these days when it comes to parts for my personal cars. For the guy doing this on more of a budget we should come up with a plan to adapt stock tie rods in to our Uprights. I think it can be done. I just need to do some measurements and some math.

We do have 5 more sets of uprights getting built right now if anyone is interested in getting in on this run. This next run is the final design we're moving in to full production with soon.

Thanks,

·
Registered
109 Posts
Wow these look a bit different then the rev 1 uprights! Very cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks! Yes, we're trying to get really creative here to come up with a bulletproof design that doesn't take two days to build per kit. The Gen1 design was super cool but WAY to expensive to make. We actually knocked $300 off what we we should have charged per company standards just because we felt bad! This new design is going really well and even though it's still a lot of money, I think it's a good compromise.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks! Yes, we're trying to get really creative here to come up with a bulletproof design that doesn't take two days to build per kit. The Gen1 design was super cool but WAY to expensive to make. We actually knocked $300 off what we we should have charged per company standards just because we felt bad! This new design is going really well and even though it's still a lot of money, I think it's a good compromise.
How does the weight compare to the stock ones?

$1200 is not pocket change. Wonder how much A arm kits will cost once they start coming out? Those will allow for wider than stock stance.

·
Vendor
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
These definitely aren't cheap. We actually finally just listed the Gen3 production version on our site today HERE. The final price is $1,195. We tried to to do them cheaper for a while but we end up basically breaking even on them so we can't do it. So after about six months of not even offering them we decided we could just put them on the site for a high-end option for people if they really want the ultimate front end.

These only add 8 lbs over OEM and we do have Chromoly high clearance arms available for $395 too. This combo makes for a rock solid setup and the only thing you can do to make it better after these two parts is add out weld-in gussets and chromoy stepped washers. I've seen these cars literally bounce off trees at 40-45 mph with this setup and keep going.

We don't have wider stance arms at this point and don;t really plan to do them any time soon.

Thanks,

·
Registered
13 Posts
To Racertech, hi, I'm from the uk and have just bought an Ace for racing this year. Do you ship to the uk and if so how do I go about purchasing some parts?
Thanks

·
Vendor
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
To Racertech, hi, I'm from the uk and have just bought an Ace for racing this year. Do you ship to the uk and if so how do I go about purchasing some parts?
Thanks
Hello from across the pond!

My recommendation would be to go right to NORA SXS Ltd (01924 460873) and talk to Martin there. He runs the SXS Racing series and is also the distributor for Racer Tech in the UK. If for some reason that doesn't work you can also order directly from our site and it will quote shipping for you too. You may also feel free to contact us through our website for a quote on the parts you're looking for as well.

Thanks!

·
Vendor
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm sorry but we are currently not selling these. We still get a lot of request for them and hope to bring them back someday but I have no way of saying when at this point except it will still be a while..

Thanks,

1 - 17 of 17 Posts