Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I ordered some 28 8 12 mudzilla for the front and 28 12 12 for the rear. Will I need a spacer on the rear to keep side wall of tire from rubbing top a arm on back that runs parrell to side wall. Hand Tire Automotive wheel system Finger Automotive tire

·
Registered
130 Posts
We put 26 mud lites and hers swamplite. In a max left turn they touched the 'fire wall'. Put 1 inch spacer allk around as we also have rzr rims on them.

·
Registered
421 Posts
12" wide on stock rims is pushing it a little in my opinion.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Please explain how it is pushing it? Manufacturer calls for a 7" rim. That is what I have. I just need to know if they will rub or not. If someone could give me a measurement of how much clearance an 11" wide tire has from the frame in front of rear tire and clearance of a arm, i will know if I need spacers. After market rim is a 4+3. It will only move tire out 1" so spacer will do the same. I want to keep them tucked in as much as possible. But if they clear by 1/4" I will be happy.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Stock rims are 6" but they will probably clear.

I think they use a 6+2 rim on the back of the 570 RZR with the same a arms as on the Ace. the rear rim on the Ace is somewhere around a 4+2 so it sets out 2 inches farther than the RZR rim.

Stick them on there and if they don't clear you can always buy the spacers.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Look on the rim on the flat where the valve stem comes through. The wheel size is stamped on that flat somewhere around the circumference. Polaris doesn't make a 12" steel original equipment wheel in a 7" width. It is either a 6" or an 8".

Wheel width is measured where the tire bead sits against the rim. A 6" wheel is usually around 7" wide because of the metal thickness and the roll put on the edge of the metal. Confusing yes but that is the way they decided to do it.

Edited for correction.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Look on the rim on the flat where the valve stem comes through. The wheel size is stamped on that flat somewhere around the circumference. Polaris doesn't make a 12" wheel in a 7" width. It is either a 6" or an 8".

Wheel width is measured where the tire bead sits against the rim. A 6" wheel is usually around 7" wide because of the metal thickness and the roll put on the edge of the metal. Confusing yes but that is the way they decided to do it.

Exactly....stock rims are 6 inch....I have a set in my garage and all are stamped 6 inch and all are 6 inches where the beads sit. I wouldn't go any wider than 10 or possibly 11 on the stock rims

·
Registered
421 Posts
Polaris used a 7" rim on the Sportsman around 2005. I have a set that are 4+3. These were the rears only.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I knew that Douglas racing wheels old fitment guide had listed a 7" wheel that supposedly came as standard equipment on the sportsman 450 and 500 in 2006. I have a 2006 450 and it has 8" wheels on it so I assumed it was probably a misprint. I guess there were a few though since yours has them.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Mine are factory Bruiser wheels from an 04 Sportsman 400

·
Registered
421 Posts
Optional and alumunum.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts