Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had a problem of their rear axle popping out? This happened to me twice on Sunday, just wondering if I am unlucky or if others have had this problem?

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
First I've seen of it on this forum.
Seems to me there has to be a problem - shouldn't be anywhere for the axle to go when the hub is on.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am taking it in, hopefully, just some bad luck and won't happen again.

·
Registered
525 Posts
The axles move into the cv joints when the suspension is compressed and they move out when the suspension is extended. There is a snap ring on the end of the cv shaft that goes into the transmission and sometimes the snap ring isn't seated completely or is weak and lets the joint slide out. Sometimes just cleaning everything and greasing the shaft and shoving it back in is all that it needs. But getting it checked out is a good idea in case the snap ring is compressed or weak.

This happens mostly on vehicles with lift kits, but still happens on stock ones occasionally. Sometimes the end of the shaft breaks off at the snap ring groove.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank-you, very much, this gives me somewhere to start. I am taking it in tomorrow, will update when I hear what's going on.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just an update: sent my dealer pictures of damaged axle, they were great to deal with. They sent the pictures to Polaris who ok'd the warranty claim, I brought in the damaged axle they had a new one waiting for me. Glad to see Polaris stands behind their product, very satisfied customer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a CV grenade on the tire side. Less than 4 hours old. I took it back to the dealer and it was replaced no questions asked. I was told it probably was not assembled properly at the factory.
Kelly

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good to hear they took care of you. Which dealer are you using?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I used Sea to Sky Motorsports. The remember my name when I walk in. Nick the sales manager is a great guy to deal with. Be careful of the young lad in the shop if he moves your rigs with the forklift. He damn near dumped my ace on the ground. When I picked it up after repairs I was sure to watch him like a hawk. He did fine the second time. LOL
Kelly

1 - 10 of 10 Posts