Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi have only 30 hours up on my 2017 ACE570, last trip returned and the rear CV shaft boot was loose/hanging out(no metal clip holding it on.
The dealer is saying that it was caused by something wrapping around it?
As there didnt look like it to me prior to droping it off, and also thought if something did get wrapped around i wouldnt think it would then come off with out me finding it? anyone else had the issue in the past?
thanks in advance,

·
Registered
505 Posts
If it wasn't put on correctly there would have probably been grease leaking out and it probably would have slipped off pretty quickly. Those fit tight and are held by a couple of little nubby hooks that fit into slots on the other end of the clamp and a rock or stick could possibly knock it loose.
The hubs are pretty bad about trapping stuff in the bottom of that hole that the cv joint sits in. On the inside cv there is a ledge on the front side on the case that also traps stuff. My guess is that your dealer might be right.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks both of you, no image as the dealer has the part.
I saw the item and its very weird damage, the ridge of the first rib had completely perished and left a rounded/serrated edge on both sides of the tear.
I spoke to the mechanics and his decision was based on past experiences.
I still have no idea on how it could have happened looking at the item.

any way its a FYI to everyone, i will keep an eye out and let you know if it repeats again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts