Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't care to look in the rear view mirror and see my ugly mug, so 30.00 on Amazon got me this........
Cheap Chinese rear view camera and 7" color monitor. Works great!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It work way better than the stock rear view mirror. It's actually a pretty good picture. I'd give it a 3.5 out of 5 stars.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
It work way better than the stock rear view mirror. It's actually a pretty good picture. I'd give it a 3.5 out of 5 stars.

Can it be used while traveling at speed? And if so how is the visibility at speed

·
Registered
101 Posts
I think this is a really cool idea. For those of us that are street-legal, I am betting this would not take the place of a mirror in the eyes of the law.

Matt B

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes. And great visibility.
Bigger field of vision than any mirror I've seen.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I think this is a really cool idea. For those of us that are street-legal, I am betting this would not take the place of a mirror in the eyes of the law.

Matt B
Unfortunately, you're right. People with 5-point racing harnesses in their street cars have gotten tickets for not having seat belts.
But this does not have to be INSTEAD of a legal mirror, it can be IN ADDITION TO one.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Got that. Just a shame to block forward vision with a mirror when we install a better alternative. I just don't want well-intentioned people running afoul.

Matt B

Unfortunately, you're right. People with 5-point racing harnesses in their street cars have gotten tickets for not having seat belts.
But this does not have to be INSTEAD of a legal mirror, it can be IN ADDITION TO one.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What's nice about this setup is its LESS intrusive than the mirror I was using.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Cool idea ....just wonder if it would survive a good splash of water

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Night visibility is better than a regular mirror, especially when I light up the 120W led rear light bar.
I'm not too worried about water since it's mounted up high and I have full windshields front and back. The Cooter Brown roof offers added size vs the Polaris roof.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have the same set up...after installing a 4 point harness.. you are quite snug and can't turn around....rear camera..for the price works just peachy..

·
Registered
347 Posts
I noticed Cosco has a weather proof backup camera and weather proof monitor for under $100 I was going to try that out..... def better than seeing my big old helmet in the mirror

1 - 15 of 15 Posts