Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ace is in the shop for a voltage regulator. Each week they keep tellin me a different date. Now it's August 7. The service thinks it's gonna be " stronger" one that won't break as often. Is he just blowin smoke up my ass? Or is there word about a better voltage regulator?

I'm having thoughts on sellin it. If a dealership can't even keep brand new machines runnin or keep the damn parts on the shelf. That's ridiculous.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mine was just changed. Took 4 weeks to get it. Had 850 miles on mine. Yes new part number. Thankfully it was still under warranty.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The shop tells me they can't take one off of a new one either. Does anyone have any advice on how to handle this situation. I'm at the point now where I just want to sell this brand new machine that they can't even keep parts for.

·
Registered
394 Posts
The dealer where I live has good prices but a bad reputation for service.
I just took mine in Saturday for the 25 hour service. I probably wont take it back because there are so many very reputable ATV service shops around the area.
And I can do regular maintanence.
I just took mine in to take care of a.couple warranty issues.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Have had for around a month and a half. About 600 miles on it. I check it during rides to make sure it's clean and not to hot. So far good.

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Better yet, tell the dealer to buy one on ebay, and keep the other one for a spare.....seems like they should keep inventory anyway.

If this were my BMW dealership, and another dealership had the part in inventory, I would insist that my dealer go buy the part from the dealership that had the forethought to stock it.

What are they going to do?......complain about the unreasonable price of dealership car parts?

Seems to me that if they sold the unit, or the warranty then they should be able to repair it in a reasonable amount of time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts