Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My left side inner tie rod is slightly bent so I'd like to replace it but can't find the part. The Polaris diagrams just list it as #4 but there is no corresponding part number. I think they only sell the whole steering assembly as a single unit. Does anyone have a part number, maybe for a different Polaris model, that would work on the 2015 Ace 570 EPS? Both the left and the right are the same. I'd consider an upgrade kit but can't find that either. With all the forum talk about broken struts (I just broke one too), there must be someone who had needed to replace an bent inner tie rod. Thanks.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have bent both left and right tie rods after hitting rocks over the years. I continue to straighten them out as required. They are actually not that strong - polaris should have make them a bit thicker? Doubt it would have cost bugger all during manufacture? Likely the whole drama of bent tie rods may have been reduced had the Polaris Ace had an extra 1" ground clearance? Polaris probably too risk adverse at the time? Second hand good parts/spares hard to find i reckon?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought about bending it but wasn't sure if that would weaken the rod. It's not bent very bad, only about 5 degrees so I think I'll try it. Seems to have worked for you. I finally found an upgrade kit for $295, too much for me. I also found an entire steering assembly on e-bay for $225 but it was rusted and beat up. A new steering assembly, which includes the tie-rods, is about $425. Thanks for responding.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I thought about bending it but wasn't sure if that would weaken the rod. It's not bent very bad, only about 5 degrees so I think I'll try it. Seems to have worked for you. I finally found an upgrade kit for $295, too much for me. I also found an entire steering assembly on e-bay for $225 but it was rusted and beat up. A new steering assembly, which includes the tie-rods, is about $425. Thanks for responding.
My Polaris is 2015 from new. It has never been badly bent but like you say - about 5 degrees or so which is noticable. Twice now that i have had to straighten both front tie rods. But one day i may have to upgrade too?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts