Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my girl friend Sand Chick is out driving here new Ace 570 at Dumont and it seems to not be revving up high enough. I was only.seeing about 6250. I am not sure what the rev limiter is set at but seems to be around 7300. Anyway is anyone making adjustable weights for this unit yet? We work on rzr's all the time at our shop but not sure about what these things are using.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Mike....I'm not sure about this but the 330 might have a 7300 rpm limiter but don't see the 570 revving that high. My 2013 500 Fuji motor revved to about 6500 and that was it. I know it is a completely different motor, but have read on here that the 330 revs much higher than the 570. What do the 570 rzrs rev to?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Wow Rockman, how fast were you going at that high rpm?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I sat there and reved it in neutral and it kicked in about 7300. That is why I thought that is where it was at. We need evry bit we can get in the sand. Lol. I will be keeping my eye on mods you are all doing.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Wow Rockman, how fast were you going at that high rpm?
A little over 58. I have seen it over 60 on the gps without the limiter but I forgot to look at the tach.

I also think there is probably some variance in these numbers, speed and rpm, according to the kind of tires, tire pressure, how warm the belt and engine/transmission are, road surface, weather conditions, etc. I don't seem to get the same results two times in a row.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I sat there and reved it in neutral and it kicked in about 7300. That is why I thought that is where it was at. We need evry bit we can get in the sand. Lol. I will be keeping my eye on mods you are all doing.
Yes, that 6250 you were seeing is way too low. Even with the drag of the sand cutting the speed back I don't understand why the rpm would be so low. I think I would try it with the stock tires on pavement before I modified it to make sure it is just the sand cutting it back.

·
Registered
131 Posts
My 570 with 34 miles so far revs to around 7200 at WOT then settles back to around 6900 as the clutch shifts out. Have not hit rev limiter yet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the info everyone. I will do a bit more testing today. This will live most of its life in thebdand so I will be clutching it that purpose.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I checked the book. The 325 cc max RPM is 8500.
The 567 cc engine is maxed out at 7750 RPMs.
Comes from the Polaris Shop Manual.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts