Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone added a reverse light? What Im wanting to do or find out if I can is wire into reverse itself. so the light just comes on when I shift it there. Since the "R" pops up on the display I figure its possible...Anybody?

·
Registered
447 Posts
I added a reverse light but put it on a rocker switch. I ride frequently at night and need a reverse light. I hope that you figure out how to make it come on when you shift it into reverse and post it here.

·
Registered
552 Posts
You could add a push-button style toggle switch right at the shifter, when you shift to reverse it would simply touch the button, it would have to be side mounted.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I mounted one on my EMP roof. 7" led.

·
Registered
299 Posts
No I just installed the reverse/work lights on 2 pole switch...up=interior lights, center=off & bottom=reverse/work lights. As of yet, no way to turn on reverse lights simply by shifting into reverse other than magnetic switch or toggle switch.
Apparently the blue wire for reverse/work lights on all previous model years has been removed from the wiring harness on current models for who knows what pointless reason...an option they should have kept!

·
Registered
299 Posts
From what I found on the Polaris forums, the signal to trigger the "R" indicator light in gauge uses a specific resistance...tapping into that wire to trigger a relay or lights changes the resistance, causing a whack of other things not working right. Pretty sure seen someone on here use a magnetic switch similar to window alarm switches. Wired sensor mounts to body & actuator mounts on shift lever. When shift into reverse, halves line up to trigger the reverse lights.

Personally I prefer a rocker switch to turn the rear LED lights on/off anytime to use as both reverse lights or rear work lights.
Screw Fastener Auto part Brass Plumbing fitting

·
Registered
252 Posts
Fabricate a mount for a mini roller snap-action switch. Modify the shifter rod with by attaching a protrusion that activates the snap-action switch when the shifter is in reverse. Shifter rod can be modded with a small hose clamp, a drop of hot glue from a glue gun, a small piece of metal....anything so it touches and activates the roller switch at desired location.

Example of a snap action switch with roller: Mini Snap-Action Switch with 13.55mm Roller Lever Jaycon Systems LLC

·
Registered
299 Posts
I'm also thinking of messing around with the vehicle type door switches...be cool to trigger interior cab lights by opening the doors when walking up to machine in the dark! ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts