Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone I have a 2016 900 sp, came time to get some new shoes for my little pig and i decided to go with the Kenda bearclaw HTR. I had a little over 950 miles on my machine when i needed to get some new tires, let me say i have only one complant about the factory Wanda tires and thats i wish they lasted longer, other than that they were a great tire for me never had to even adjust the air in them. i now have about 120 miles on the new kendas, and sad to say i'm regretting getting them...

My first ride i was around 30 mile in and got my first flat rear tire puncture, stuck a plug in and aired it up with co2 cartridge and limped to gas station to properly inflate, thought wtf got to be a fluke. My second flat i got doing yard work, came home next day to the front tire flat, not sure what happened to it filled it and it has been fine and holding air. Never had a flat on my stock ones tho :disturbed: i started running 10-11 psi as the machine suggests for tire pressure, after 2 flats i jumped to 15-18 psi, the ride is noticeably harder.

that's my story thus far, as for my review

1 I got the stock tire size ,and the left front rubs slightly at full turn
2 These tires are heavy, i expected to feel a slight power loss do to the tires being radial and 8 ply, but omg there's a huge difference in get up and go, i could not believe the loss of pep.
3 From what i read a radial tire was supposed to have a better ride i thought, these tire have a nice feel on dirt roads at slow speeds not much vibration from the big lugs. How ever anything over 3o mph and they are horrible they feel like they need to be balanced you can feel the steering wheel wobble like there's a bent rim or 5 lbs of mud stuck on one side of the tire, its not impressive for a $400+ set of tires, again the stock tires were a far superior ride
4 Trail riding there good digger tires ill give them that i don't thing you would have to worry about getting stuck. The other side of the coin is they beat you on the trails you will feel every root, rock, stick , and bump, very hard, there even worse now that i'm running 15 psi in them.

Thats all i got guys I hope this helps if your looking for new skins for your ace. I would not recommend this tire sadly.

IMG_3126.JPG

IMG_3115.JPG

IMG_3119.JPG

·
Registered
118 Posts
I can imagine your disappointment after spending the cash on them. I see some atv tires down here that are all bound up with blue strapping, squashed and stuffed in to containers when they get shipped they do it to get more in the container I guess.. Great for the importer bad for you. Not saying yours are 100% shipped that way just a thought. It takes a while for them to go back to round and true after being shipped this way. They shouldn't "wobble" like they do. Jack the front up and spin them by hand eye ball them against something on the Ace , that will tell you almost instantly if some thing is up. They might not be seated and centralised on the rim bead properly. The stock size can be a trap as well the rolling diameter is probably greater with the Kendas than your old tires I got caught like this once with a set of maxxis tires on a different machine same on paper specs but slightly greater rolling circumference and it equalled a huge loss in power. Run a tape around them and compare with your old if you can. I would try less air than the sticker on the machine states to try and combat the puncture and horrible ride problems the 8 ply wall will be a stiff as a small pickup trucks tires. If they still are prone to puncture for what ever reason put a bottle of that green gloop tire sealer in each one it will save you helps of grief unless you tear the sidewall out small punctures or bead leaks sort themselves out. Goodluck.

·
Registered
525 Posts
HTR's run larger than sized so they are large tires but they are on the light side for 8 ply aggressive tread.
I have a set of those on my Ranger and they are great, best riding tires I have ever used. No problems with them. Will definitely buy again.
Sorry you are having problems.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im glad your kendas are working out for you, i want to love mine i really do. what pressure are you running might i ask ?

·
Registered
525 Posts
8-9 psi on beadlocks.
It took a while for mine to loosen up but they have been great since then.
My brother has 26" HTR's on his 570 Ranger and same deal, they have been great. He doesn't have beadlocks and he runs his around the same pressure that I do.
I don't know what the deal is with your flats. HTR's are usually pretty tough from what I read on reviews.
I hope you get them lined out.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I put a set of those on a Yamaha Kodiak 400 I had a few years ago. Like the op said, they are freaking heavy! I lost a least 10 mph top end and it killed the climbing power for the mountains here in Nevada. It was a total pig at 7000 feet. I couldn't get them off fast enough.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have a 2015 ACE 570 and Rzr 900 trail. I only run around 7 lbs. I got a couple of thorns in the ACE and went to Harbor Freight and got a gallon of green slim and put it in. No more problems. :fat: I went ahead and put it in the Rzr and never a leak, and yes, it have seen thorns. I pretty much wore out the OEM Rzr tires so I just went from 12 inch rims to 14 inch with Maxxis Bighorn. Raised it 1.5 inches and now the rev limiter will let me do over 70 mph. That will only happen on the back country highways. Most of my trail and back country riding is 5 to 25 mph. I'm old and I scare easily - and probably break easily and have no desire to find out.

I love your slogan. Here is something that should scare you. Most people are unaware all rights were officially converted to mere privileges back in the early 1950's. It even required a complete change in the trail courts. The new courts are not constitutional courts. Goodby true freedom. So sad. :sad:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I put an OEM size set on my 2014 Sportsman 570, with the same results and impressions as the OP.

Like the tires under 30 mph, but way too much shaking and vibration above that.

However, I use it for utility work and snow plowing so the higher speed misbehaving isn’t so much of an issue for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts