Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure many of you have the same problem that we had with your Ace 900 SP, where it feels like you're sitting too close to a campfire that you can't move your legs away from, especially if you've got the lower doors... We tried a 12v fan but it doesn't move enough air and it's just moving around air that's already in the foot well so it didn't do much.
So I said about trying to figure a solution.
We started out with a 4 inch blower like you would use in a boat to vent the bilge.
Amazon.com : SEAFLO 4" in-Line Marine Bilge Air Blower 12V 270 CFM Quiet Boat White : Sports & Outdoors .
Next headed to Home Depot and got a 6 ft 4-in wide dryer duct (the duct that takes hot air from your clothes dryer to the outside), it needs the be the semi ridged flexible type, and finished with one of these "offset deflectors", both from home Depot.
The fan is zip tied to the bar behind the seat, the flexible vent takes it down between the shifter and the door and then around to your feet where the deflector is. We just have it wired to plug into the battery maintainer plug that I added directly to the battery, because I was too lazy to route wires to the dash for a switch, so we just plug it into turn it on and then unplug it when we stop. It makes a huge difference.... Summer rides are actually bearable now!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Im probably the only Ace owner who likes the heat, I do think about piping from cargo box into cabin so its just all over very warm as opposed to burning feet colder up top. The other day I drove Ace in pouring rain at night, and I was warm as toast, out on 4 mile in BV, CO. Funny, didn’t see anyone else out there. Ace style. I actually would like to put a heater and the elusive canvas cab on my rig. Don’t think there is cold on earth that could beat that combo. Thanks for your contribution, as Al J said, great ingenuity.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yeah, the heat actually doesn't bother me though haven't got the doors either with reasonable airflow through the Ace. Driving up hill hard, sure can feel the heat but it is a brief distraction.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Is the total amp draw running it continuously still within alternator output? Is the fan fairly quiet? Thx for posting. Seen a few of those in larger SxSs.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The fan says 6 amps so 72 watts at 12 volts. We have had it running for hours on rides with headlights on without issue.

It's not annoyingly loud, but also not what I would call "quiet". When the ace is off you know the fan is on but you can still carry on a conversation next to it. You cannot hear it over the idling engine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts