Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went back out into the woods looking for Hogs and signs of Hogs.
Found a lot of Deer sign, and a few Hog signs.
Ran about 51 miles this morning, then the rain ran me out.
I did get a stick stuck in the radiator fan blade. When the fan came on, talk about a racket...

Electrical wiring Wire Electrical supply Technology Auto part
All-terrain vehicle Automotive tire Off-roading Vehicle Tire

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Land vehicle Automotive tire Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

Ran around the same area again all day. Except today, it rained all day too.
I picked up another stick, but it didn't hit the fan, but was right next to it.
I am checking things out a lot more before taking off after stopping.

I did notice that this Ace catches and holds a lot more grass and sticks than my old 3-wheelers.
The area under the engine packs with mud, sticks and grass. The area between the tires and the engine, packs up too.
The whole floor is full of leaves and pine needles. I leave it up in the truck to get under the fenders and under the engine area.
If I take it out the truck before cleaning, I almost have to lay down to get the vegetation out from under the engine.
The area above the winch roller catches a lot of stuff too.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
View attachment 3761

I did notice that this Ace catches and holds a lot more grass and sticks than my old 3-wheelers.
The area under the engine packs with mud, sticks and grass. The area between the tires and the engine, packs up too.
The whole floor is full of leaves and pine needles. I leave it up in the truck to get under the fenders and under the engine area.
If I take it out the truck before cleaning, I almost have to lay down to get the vegetation out from under the engine.
Glad to see you running those DG tailgate supports. Good insurance for a few bucks

Reactions: Rduhon

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
View attachment 3761

Looking at the area you're riding in, I can see why you're picking up sticks. Looks like a tornado came through that area

Reactions: Rduhon

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Rode over 1200 acres today. Owners think they have a hog problem. I found 3 hog tracks and 1 deer track. Put out some bait to see what eats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If you look good, you can see where I ripped off the front left fender thingy. I couldn't get it to stay. Installed new black rivets and still breaking. Looked at other side and there is a metal washer that needs to be installed under the fender to hold the river.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The washer under the fender. I thought I split the plastic but it is a slot. That's the way it's made. So tomorrow I have to find a stainless washer ot I will end up losing the plastic part.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.