Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. Just wondering how you guys and girls are storing or carrying your rifles around the ace when out hunting? recently purchased a ace for hunting and looking to fit it out. We are a bit restricted down here in Australia with what we can get our hands onto accessories wise

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Hi everyone. Just wondering how you guys and girls are storing or carrying your rifles around the ace when out hunting? recently purchased a ace for hunting and looking to fit it out. We are a bit restricted down here in Australia with what we can get our hands onto accessories wise
I use rhino grips mounted to the front storage box. Do you know what rhino grips are? I'm sure you could get them to send you some to down under. They work incredibly well with no hassle at all. Google them or you can get them from Cabelas, Sportsmans Guide, or possibly even Bass Pro Shops Good Luck

Sorry said gator grips first but they actually are rhino grips

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Do they hold a rifle tight? No bouncing around or sliding. Hunt with a ruger scout.
Yes,,,they are like two big rubber fingers and your rifle sits between them

·
Registered
32 Posts
I use the Polaris mount that holds the Kolpin gun case. Mounts on the left side of the ace and I've been really pleased with it. Elk hunted for 9 days with it and never had an issue. Kept my gun safe and dry. You can see it mounted in my avatar photo.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies and pics. We can get kolpin products here so I will check them out. I particularly like that shotgun setup Mungo. Do them holder's come with specific mounts for the Polaris holes behind the seat? I was wondering how I could hold 2 guns but that definitely takes care of my short Churchill guage. I do a lot of pig hunting in the outback and on crop stubble so secure holders are a must. A lot of the times I can chase whole mobs and get most of them.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Thanks for the replies and pics. We can get kolpin products here so I will check them out. I particularly like that shotgun setup Mungo. Do them holder's come with specific mounts for they Polaris holes behind the seat? I was wondering how I could hold 2 guns but that definitely takes care of my short Churchill guage. I do a lot of pig hunting in the outback and on crop stubble so secure holders are a must. A lot of the times I can chase whole mobs and get most of them.
Rhino grips makes a dual setup for carrying two guns They aren't made specifically for any certain vehicle so you will probably have to drill some holes to mount them, but the Rhino grips are very good quality and hold a gun really securely

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Thanks for the replies and pics. We can get kolpin products here so I will check them out. I particularly like that shotgun setup Mungo. Do them holder's come with specific mounts for the Polaris holes behind the seat? I was wondering how I could hold 2 guns but that definitely takes care of my short Churchill guage. I do a lot of pig hunting in the outback and on crop stubble so secure holders are a must. A lot of the times I can chase whole mobs and get most of them.
That is the model I bought on Amazon. They are made for the lock and ride holes in the Polaris.

The 21535 model can mount to the roll bar.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I managed to track down the kolpin holders like mungo has. $70 aus delivered from a local source. thanks for your help guys

·
Registered
17 Posts
I use the Polaris mount that holds the Kolpin gun case. Mounts on the left side of the ace and I've been really pleased with it. Elk hunted for 9 days with it and never had an issue. Kept my gun safe and dry. You can see it mounted in my avatar photo.
Gidday everyone, EllisDee do you know if your setup will work with the Polaris half doors, or will the door hit the Gunboot when opened?
Take care, Stumpy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts