Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so I was giving the toys a bath last night and Boom! The "driverside" slider is completely missing :sad5:. I don't need an entire set but if that's the way I have to go I guess I will. Ideally I'd love to find someone who may have lost the "passenger side" slider and we can split the price. Ill even buy the entire set if someone needs the other side.

Long shot but I guess you never know!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Lame sorry to hear that

·
Registered
79 Posts
I know what you mean, I lost both of mine on separate rides.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't think I would need to locktite the accessories when I installed em but Im now double thinking that situation.

·
Registered
420 Posts
don't those bars just mount with expanding lugs/wedges in holes in the frame? from what i can tell there are no bolts screwed into anything on the machine itself so locktite might not help in any way.

·
Registered
79 Posts
don't those bars just mount with expanding lugs/wedges in holes in the frame? from what i can tell there are no bolts screwed into anything on the machine itself so locktite might not help in any way.
Yes, the bolts just expand the rubber into the tube.

·
Registered
420 Posts
yeah...maybe not the best mounting design for something that could potentially have the weight of the entire machine on it...

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
If you guys are going to do a deal, it can't take place publicly on the forum without Vinny being a Supporting Vendor.
But what you do privately is none of our concern.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Chris posted a Craig's List ad today, in the ad the guy mentions his Ace for sale is missing a rock slider. He doesn't say which side he has but you might get lucky.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Scoundrel,

I appreciate your thoughts in the #10 post. Pretty well thought out, explained and absorbed. Its nice to "have an opportunity" without breaking the rules.

Not that it is of anyone elses concern we did not have anything work out so I have since moved in another direction.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Thank you.

You're getting your rock slider situation sorted out?
I appreciate the heads-up on the fact that they can come off. I have a set on the way, and when I install them, I will be keeping an eye out for how I can retain them, in addition to the friction fit expanding rubber.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have a pm in to Chris who is selling his ace (nice looking rig BTW) that has only 1 slider. If he sells it separate (and its the one I need) then Ill go that direction. Otherwise Ive gotta pony up $200 for a new set. Im gonna have to look into some type of mod with the expanding rubber too. Hoping I can create something that will secure them better. We will see!

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
The Polaris sliders do not use rubber in the mounting.
Posts #5 and #6 in this thread seem to disagree. Do you have a picture you can show us?
Mine will be here in a few days and I can post a pic then of how they mount, but I don't have them yet.
We are talking about the Polaris Nerf Bars, commonly also called rock sliders, right?

View attachment 3569

·
Registered
130 Posts
Mine have come loose before. I didn't see any rubber but a tapered nut i believe. To bad a vender won't take a sale of half a set. Seams the other half will sell in due time.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Ah, I have some bar end mirrors that use a system where the nut splits out when you tighten the bolt, kind of like a "molly bolt" for use in drywall.
I can see how that might work itself loose after a while.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I have had the nerf bars on my 330 for about a year. Fortunately, they have never come loose. They mount with expanding bolts. At least on mine, they were all metal and not rubber.The expansion part of the bolt is a sleeve that is cut at a 45 degree angle into two parts. One end of the sleeve has a nut and when you tighten the bolt the 45 degree cut causes the sleeves to offset and grip the pipe in the frame.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts