Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to protect the rocker panels, didn't want the "step" style and wanted to keep something close to the body. Here is what I came up with. Hopefully these pictures will help you understand how I mounted them (hardest part). I highly doubt they're going anywhere, the rod in the front fits so well that I even rode it around without the screw in it and it went nowhere. Made from 14ga steel, these are going to be tough to wreck.

Here's an overview pic:
IMG_4534.JPG

This pic shows the pipe welded to the panel:
IMG_4536.jpg

This pic shows the hole already in the frame underneath:
IMG_4533.JPG

This pic shows where I used the hole to insert a screw into the pipe I welded on:
IMG_4532.JPG

This pic is an overview from underneath:
IMG_4538.JPG

The skid plate screw is removed and reinserted through guard to hold it in place near the back.
Another overview:
IMG_4535.JPG

·
Registered
72 Posts
I like Em,sold! oh yeah how much. My wife has not seen my ace yet so I been hijacking UPS and Fedex and sneaking into the trailer and installing what I can at night as it comes. whats that thingie! oh that, its for work....

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
If he were to start selling kits on the forum he'd need to become a Supporting Vendor first.

I wanna see what they look like after a few runs through a rock pit. :D

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If he were to start selling kits on the forum he'd need to become a Supporting Vendor first.

I wanna see what they look like after a few runs through a rock pit. :D
Ha ha, they will do way better in a rock pit then these plastic rocker panels. I am curious too, I cannot imagine where they might fail other then scratching the industrial powder coat. They have that slight lip but I think they will deflect the rock for the most part. I only know of one rock crawl in the state so we might never find out. They charge $20 a car and $5 a passenger, I've never been there.

Actually looked at being a supporting member the other day and noticed the option is paypal, (blah). So someday when I'm bored outta my mind (jk) I'll take the time to fight my way through the paypal stuff and chip in my $.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like Em,sold! oh yeah how much. My wife has not seen my ace yet so I been hijacking UPS and Fedex and sneaking into the trailer and installing what I can at night as it comes. whats that thingie! oh that, its for work....
Your posts about you working your way around your spouse are hilarious!

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I am curious too, I cannot imagine where they might fail other then scratching the industrial powder coat. They have that slight lip but I think they will deflect the rock for the most part. I only know of one rock crawl in the state so we might never find out.
Send me a promo set and I will identify their weaknesses. Guaranteed. :FIREdevil:

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Like I said on the other post, I'm in for a set, if the price is right. Momma is starting to get her hackles up over all the money I am spending for add ons ..... LOL. You can PM me if you want with info.

·
Registered
421 Posts
X2 Here please

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Careful, or we're gonna get this thread shitcanned by the admins. Vinny has not said he's going to start selling these things.
What you guys do off the forum is your business, but in order to talk pricing and selling of these things here, that Supporting Vendor thing's got to be set up.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea guys I cannot sell these, sorry. I'm way behind in my custom orders and I don't have time to mess with it. Plus I just use this plasma cutter on my lunch break and I don't think we're gonna start producing these for profit. Anyway, I'd be happy to send you a DXF, DWG, or DNC file and you could have someone cut one out on a plasma or laser table.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I'll take that DXF and/or DWG if you are willing to part with it :D
I keep meaning to build a cnc plasma table....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yea guys I cannot sell these, sorry. I'm way behind in my custom orders and I don't have time to mess with it. Plus I just use this plasma cutter on my lunch break and I don't think we're gonna start producing these for profit. Anyway, I'd be happy to send you a DXF, DWG, or DNC file and you could have someone cut one out on a plasma or laser table.
Please send me the file, have a friend in Tx. with the equipment

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Please send me the file, have a friend in Tx. with the equipment
I will look for them, I might not be able to get them until later next week. BTW Mine are holding up excellent. I also noticed that the new Polaris ones look a lot like mine.... hummm wonder if its coincidence.... Ha ha.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi, was using the search function to see what others have done when the rocker panels crack/break? Aside from the nerf bars i did see someone earlier on this site use tread plate to protect the plastic. But just can't find the thread? There were pics from memory too? Any assistance appreciated.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Want to thank Vinny for the DXF. Already burn them on our CNC plasma table. I'll be finishing them up soon.
Next, on to custom F & R bumpers. Looking at some of you guys bending skills and different ideas while trying to roll them into a combination bumper/fender style guard should be interesting. My bending skills are lacking. I need to have my son give me some pointers on this project. I figure if he can build a chrome moly pro-mod motorcycle frame, this can't be that hard.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Want to thank Vinny for the DXF. Already burn them on our CNC plasma table. I'll be finishing them up soon.
Next, on to custom F & R bumpers. Looking at some of you guys bending skills and different ideas while trying to roll them into a combination bumper/fender style guard should be interesting. My bending skills are lacking. I need to have my son give me some pointers on this project. I figure if he can build a chrome moly pro-mod motorcycle frame, this can't be that hard.
Great! I’d recommend taking the plastic off and laying the metal down on it to line up and make it symmetrical. I found it to be a difficult project but fun. Yeah I’m sure he will be able to do it, he’ll probably make it look easy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Looks Great.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts