Polaris ACE Forum banner

Rocker Switch Help

22K views 24 replies 14 participants last post by  anzael 
#1 ·
I am planning some additional lighting for the Ace. I need something that has a wide angle of coverage. I did some night rides this week and making a sharp turn into a ravine is like driving blind into a cavity. I am looking for rocker switches for the cutouts in the dash. The dealer quoted me a price of $50. I am looking elsewhere. I found these switches on the RZR forum.

OTRATTW

They snap into the dash cutouts of the RZR. Can anyone tell me if the RZR and Ace dash cutouts are the same size? Has anyone else found a good source for Ace dash mount switches?

#4 ·
Utv Inc sells rocker switches of all kinds for about $18 each with pictures on them. I just got one for the horn & it fits right in the existing hole. Black Rhino sells a sleeve that fits on outside of switch if you cut hole too big (would cut hole even bigger) They are modular so you can even do switch stacks. Between the 2 of them, you can get anything you need, just take you time to be sure you buy right type (momontary or on-off or even on-off-on)

Good luck
Doug

#8 ·
Ok i went very cheap on this. Not as fun as the switches above with the pictures but looks clean in my opinion (Actually I was going to buy a switch from above but I couldn't find the price or how to buy them on the site, maybe it wasn't working right) . I removed the "blank switch" Tapped it with blue tape, bought a cheap back-lit switch at the local auto parts store for $5. Made two cuts on the back, drilled four corner holes then used a razor knife to finish the job. Games
Concrete
Concrete
Technology Automotive design Electronic device Switch Vehicle

Attachments

#14 ·
I think there's a post on here somewhere but I used some advice and used a relay. I used the electrical panel in the font under the cargo box for power source. I followed this wiring diagram I found online. I am very happy with how it worked out. I made custom brackets to attach the lights to the brush guard. The switch was under $5 the wiring was about $5-10 (lots extra) and the relay was $5, fuse holder was about $3. I do notice when I fist turn on the accessory lights it dims the stock lights just a little. Circuit component Passive circuit component Diagram Line Technology

#16 ·
Vinny, thanks for the diagram. I found these same relays on Amazon for $5.08 thanks to your clear picture. The wiring diagram you gave was very helpful. I have ordered front lights and a backup light for the Ace. I will order several of these relays and do the install after Christmas. I am putting in a winch and a horn at the same time while I have some of the front plastic off. I think that I will use a relay for the horn also.

#17 · (Edited)
I'm not sure the horn needs one. I purchased a horn kit for a rzr and it didn't come with a relay, I believe the reason is because it doesn't use much power. I believe the reason for a relay it to help with power drain from the larger diameter wiring required for the lights, etc. It did however have a fuse on the horn. I also tied into the wiring under the back fender for a rear license plate light, maybe you could use that for your backup light? I also found the relays at the local auto part store.

#21 ·
I took off the instrument panel and cut out the plastic above where the switches would go.

#23 ·
Yep. I bought mine on Aliexpress.com for 3.50 each. Free shipping too.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.