Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi..i am a new user here. I just installed a eyourlife 20" LED light bar. The wiring harness that I have came with a lighted switch...I know realized that if i wiring per the diagram the lighted switch stays on all the time.The wiring harness has a relay and inline fuse already wired to it. I would really like power to only go to the switch if the key is on. Or is there some way to get power to the switch without the light staying on all the time.

low cost pcb assembly

·
Registered
198 Posts
You can use the front panel under the dash cover, in front of the steering wheel. You can find keyed option there. I just wired my LED bar to the battery, sometimes I use the lights without having the key with me and it doesn`t effect anything if it`s not on.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Most online harnesses have device power & switched power connected together to battery leads. PINS 85 & 86 are the switched power & should be separate from PINS 87 & 30. Check PIN85 & 86 wires from relay. One will be (+) one will be (-). Simply unplug (+) from relay & run new wire from that pin to the front power block located under the front storage box, center lug is keyed power. Relay circuit will have full battery power but will only turn on with key on.

Most common 5 pin relay wiring:
PIN 85-Ground
PIN86-Ignition or Keyed Power (+)
PIN87-To Device or Lights
PIN87A-Not Used. Pin is ALWAYS LIVE even when relay is switched off!
PIN30-From Battery (+). Make sure to use a fuse!

·
Registered
76 Posts
where do you access switched power to light up the light bar etc? How to take off the panel to get to there?
i tried taking off the top panel above steeringwheel, i couldnt do it unless i remove the bars for the doors, so much work

·
Registered
299 Posts
The panel is actually inside the front storage box. When you remove the panel you'll see the terminal block below.
If all ACE's are the same, terminal block should be: Left-Battery(always live), Center-Keyed power, Right-Ground. Keyed power terminal will have the 2 orange wires connected to it.

View attachment 21889

1 - 6 of 6 Posts