Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got the ace yesterday and started looking over it and seeing if anything was loose or not bolted at all,pretty good so far. one thing kind of bothers me is the rear of the rool bar only attached with one bolt to the frame? seems to me there should be a self tapping bolt forward of the rear bolt and nut. both sides the same so I thought I would ask you guys. is there 2 bolts or just 1 on each side rear mount for the side bar to attach. thanks

·
Registered
447 Posts
I have a 2014 Ace that I bought less than a month after they were released. My roll bar is bolted with two hardened steel bolts on each side at both the front and rear. They are allen head bolts with a locking nuts. The roll bar is in two pieces. They front and rear section of the roll bar is connected with two hardened steel bolts with locking nuts on each side also. I replaced the front plastic cab after a friend rolled it and damaged the plastic. I removed the roll cage in one piece by removing the four bolts on the front and the four bolts on the rear and lifting the roll cage off in one piece. I have since removed both the front half of the roll cage and the back half of the roll cage by removing the four bolts in the middle.

·
Registered
131 Posts
2015 570 has 4 bolts and nuts on the rear tying the cage to the frame, 2 on each side. You can get them at Lowes in stainless if you want oldsman since yours seems to be missing 2 of them.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys like I said I just got it 2 miles on it now this will be something they will have to fix at first service. along with anything else I find that isn't right. after that ill do my due diligence and keep up on everything.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Finding missing bolts on your polaris is nothing new, its the only thing I have ever bought that consumers have lost touch with what the word quality means haha.

I find missing bolts all the time, and never heard one of my friends with rzrs once complain (that have had same problem). Mine was a 2015 brand new (just like my friends rzrs) and I have found over 6 missing bolts)

·
Registered
131 Posts
I didn't see any missing bolts on mine but my brother picked up a 2015 rzr 570 last week and when he brought it by my house in the back of his pickup, I was looking it over and noticed a clamp hanging down. We started looking closer and the air intake that runs from the pre-filter down to the airbox and the clutch intake were not hooked up. Both were just hanging there with the clamps wide open. It is sad that you sign off on a pre-inspection report only to find blatant stuff like that. I'm not sure if those should have been done at the factory or at the dealer but it became clear that the setup guys at the dealer never looked at the drivers side of the machine around the motor at all.

My heart goes out to you guys missing parts like nuts and bolts, that would drive me insane!!!

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
got the ace yesterday and started looking over it and seeing if anything was loose or not bolted at all,pretty good so far. one thing kind of bothers me is the rear of the rool bar only attached with one bolt to the frame? seems to me there should be a self tapping bolt forward of the rear bolt and nut. both sides the same so I thought I would ask you guys. is there 2 bolts or just 1 on each side rear mount for the side bar to attach. thanks
If your dealer didn't do a great assembly job and you are losing nuts/bolts, make sure you check the latches that hold the front storage lid down. People have lost those. Mine was loose on one side.
Also check your toe-in.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Oldsman41, Scoundrel's post reminded me of something worth mentioning. Unless Polaris has changed their shipping procedure since early last year when I bought my Ace, the missing bolts are on your dealer. When I bought my Ace it was still in the shipping container and was covered with shrink wrapped plastic. The salesman and I used a utility knife to cut the shrink wrapped plastic off the shipping container. The roll bar was not assembled to the Ace during shipping. It was in two pieces and stored beside the Ace in the shipping container. Mounting the roll bar is one of the prep items that the dealer had to perform. As Scoundrel pointed out, I was one of the unfortunate souls that lost the latches that held the front storage lid down. I had to buy new latches and I used blue Loctite thread locker when I mounted the latches. My dealer did not replace the latches even though it was bad prep work by either the dealer or Polaris.

·
Registered
109 Posts
You sure you guys aren't talking about 2 different things? I am wondering if the OP is refering to the side bolster bars (not the ROPS), where the top and bottom are each bolted with one bolt.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Mine has one bolt up top where the side bar slides over another bar.
And mine has one bolt in the bottom in the wheel well where it bolts to the frame.
It seems solid enough, maybe just a little wiggle in it.

My guess is that the side bars are not designed to withstand a lot of force - just enough to keep you in there.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Those are nice. I just wish they weren't $80.
But I already have lots of storage, and those side bags would pick up a lot of mud, and I'd spray them directly to clean them, and the contents would get wet, so maybe I don't need them.

·
Registered
420 Posts
yeah I paid $70 and they are in the line of fire so to speak. I have not tested the waterproofedness yet :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts