Polaris ACE Forum banner

room for a bigger engine?

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  WillB 
#1 ·
So to the people who have purchased one or seen one in person my question is this; Do they have enough room in the engine bay to even put a larger engine? I like the looks and idea behind the machine but I won't sell my 80 hp outlander for a 32 hp ride. I'm wondering if down the road (summer) they will be able to offer a larger engine.

If there isn't room do you think they might extend the frame a small amount to accommodate an 850 or 1000?

#3 ·
Agreed. but i dont think anyone would be dissapointed in the 570 in the Ace. The way i see it as is. As it is geared in low range.you could just crawl over stuff effortless. And the rip it has in low should launch it well thru about most stuff. One thing you cant knock this ace as is. When you ride one you will have a different take on it.

#4 ·
Yeah I haven't ridden one so I don't know quite how low the gearing is but I'm running an 800 outtie with lift programmer clutching and 28" silverbacks. I like the setup I have now and find at times I could even use a bit more power so the 570 still probably wouldn't be enough for me and I'd like to see the 850 with eps and more ground clearance. But still like you say until I try one for myself I can't really say I'm just predicting what I think will satisfy me. I still may be getting one of the current models for the girlfriend as she isn't as interested in the big power as I am.

#5 ·
I hope they do not put the 850 in the Ace, they are not a Prostar. They also have issues with grenading. Lets keep the Ace Prostar powered.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.