Polaris ACE Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Damn highpocket cant believe the fuel pump situation,that sucks! I bought mine used so no warranty,I'm at 1008 miles and 163 hours currently,I noticed the other day when I turned key on a strange screeching kind of sound I've never heard before that I am assuming was the fuel pump,did yours ever make that sound,maybe as a warning it was about to go? I rode it last weekend and I forgot to just turn the key on and not start it to see if it was still making that sound,but I just went out to garage and tried it and the sound is gone.
Looks like I need to keep an eye on ball joints and rack n pinion steering,that seems like they went out way too fast.
I have had the power steering not work a couple times,but turning the key off and back on made it work again.
I am assuming since your daughters are riding these they are pretty much stock?
I kinda wish I would have left mine stock,it was funner to ride but the ground clearance on these things suck bad and of course theres the rollover factor,which I have done twice in past 3 months,with the last time resulting in broken hand from roll cage rolling over it,now I'm scared of it,things too easy to tip.I've put 2" spacers on it and rims with more offset running 27" tires with snorkel,big gun exo muffler,and dyno jet tune.Just installed bandit springs,not impressed with the ride quality,I cant tell a difference,but it did improve the camber from having the offset rims and spacers,and it raised it a couple inches.
I was at the beach last weekend and even with the added width I was still afraid to do a donut on a smooth sandy beach,my wife would kill me if I get injured again riding this thing,I'm 58 and dont recover as well as I used too!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I didn't notice a screeching noise with fuel pump but I can tell you that you will probably first notice a slightly slower idle, then gradual loss of power to no power, popping sputtering like running on one cylinder.

Both machines are stock besides one having 27" Dirt commanders from a RZR and 1" wheel spacers to make the rzr wheels fit. My girls don't need any more horsepower for sure!

Be sure to blow out your belt box also. The aces start lurching at engagement when the clutches get too dirty.

My aces have about 2200 and 2600 miles on them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the link.Yeah I'm running the 27" Dirt Commanders also.Yeah I've had the belt box off more times than I'd like.1st ride after putting on the dirt commanders and a clutch kit I blew a belt.Tried some cheaper belts and 3 of them broke pretty damn quick.Ended up taking clutch kit back off and sending it back,but not because of the belt issue,well partially because of the belt issue,but also because the clutch kit I bought came with these little round magnets to make adjustments with.Well those magnets were crap,they would break in pieces if they banged together too hard.So they sent me another bag of magnets,same thing,I didnt trust them to be in my clutch so I sent it back.I ended up buying the polaris belt and it has lasted so far.
While were on the subject of the belt box,I hate the frickin design! The outside cover has lip that supposed to fit inside the groove of inner box,but inner box has that fricking gasket in there that doesnt allow the lip to go in there good.I ruined one box because I tightened up all the bolts thinking everything was lined up{you cant fit your damn head in there to make sure} and box became deformed from being like that and wouldnt fit back into place right,so I had to buy a whole new inner and outer box:mad:
This is when Ace was still stock except for snorkel,before and after tune.Before tune was about 16 seconds 0-60,after tune 0-60 in under 10 seconds.I can drive it on trails 45-50 mph in low.The tune also makes the fan kick in earlier so temps usually dont go over 200,at least not for long,unlike before tune.I dont have a long stretch of pavement to see what top speed would be but I'm pretty damn sure it would do 80,or it would have before 27" tires and winch,dont know if it still would.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts