Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Steering part Land vehicle Vehicle All-terrain vehicle Motor vehicle Tire Land vehicle Vehicle All-terrain vehicle Motor vehicle Tire

Found a good deal on some rzr xp1000 doors and made them fit the Ace. The doors came with the striker plates and rear rollcage attaching tubes. Since the rear tubes are specific to the rzr they were not a direct bolt in. I removed the Ace side hoops and cut off the section that bolts in the rear wheel well, notched the section I cut off and welded it to the rzr tubing. For the latch area I bought some weldable tube mounts and welded some plate to them and bolted the striker plate to them. A person who was feeling way more ambitious than I was could spend more time on the front plates, shaping, secondary attachment points, etc. As it was this little project took a full afternoon to do, excluding watching paint dry, and cost less than half what Polaris wants for Ace specific doors.

·
Registered
421 Posts
That's what I did too. Looks great! Good job there!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was asked for better pictures of the latches, so I'll put them here. Like I mentioned in the original post, they could have been gusseted etc. but they've made it through almost 200 trail miles and haven't budged once. Automotive exterior Hood Vehicle door Auto part Bumper Vehicle Automotive exterior Hood Auto part Car

·
Registered
421 Posts
Nice talking with you tonight Indy Joe! Good luck on the door install.
Marauder did a great job on his. I believe I'll be selling my UTV Giant Doors and getting another set of these for my 570.
Again, best of luck to you!

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
View attachment 3548 View attachment 3547 View attachment 3547

Found a good deal on some rzr xp1000 doors and made them fit the Ace. The doors came with the striker plates and rear rollcage attaching tubes. Since the rear tubes are specific to the rzr they were not a direct bolt in. I removed the Ace side hoops and cut off the section that bolts in the rear wheel well, notched the section I cut off and welded it to the rzr tubing. For the latch area I bought some weldable tube mounts and welded some plate to them and bolted the striker plate to them. A person who was feeling way more ambitious than I was could spend more time on the front plates, shaping, secondary attachment points, etc. As it was this little project took a full afternoon to do, excluding watching paint dry, and cost less than half what Polaris wants for Ace specific doors.
Can you get lower doors to fit this installation?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You would want them there when you're fabbing everything up to make sure the angles were right. I don't want lowers so it wasn't a concern for me. There's no reason they wouldn't work though if a person wanted them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts