Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Ace Forum, Just returned from Sand Mountain with ACE 325 mounted with paddle tires (Doonz) in rear and ribbed knobs for fronts. Ran the entire weekend in 2wd. Was able to ride perimeter fence around but had a couple struggle spots where i switched to AWD to get over. The machine is fine for flat sand and small dune hills/bowls but really needs a larger motor. I've noticed that a number of engine bolts have vibrated out and i'm irritated by the quality control. The machine now only has 9 miles on it and I've got to get a bunch of bolts.

Has anyone else used a 570 ACE or Razer in sand and what was your experience?

Thanks

·
Registered
420 Posts
here is a link to a video for a 570 in the sand. looks like it does well based on what they show.
did you go with the straight or V paddles? The V paddles tend to work better with lower HP machines because the entire paddle doesn't hit the sand at the same time, it enters progressively.
Have you checked and adjusted the toe on yours? It seems that 99% of the Aces out there need the alignment dealt with. The push in the sand from a bad alignment would absolutely suck and rob tons of power.
With only 9 miles on it the motor is nowhere near broken in yet and that made a ton of difference on mine. With a heavy machine(830lb empty) momentum is your friend in sand and you don't want to be running the motor at 7-8000 RPM for extended time until its broken in.
With all that said more HP = easier time in the sand. Spend $20k on a Rzr 1000 and will never want to leave the dunes, they are amazing out there.
In regards to the loose bolts I would be raising hell with my dealer over that crap. Someone was asleep with the torque wrench that day.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have straight paddles on rear as I went with recommendation from two testers who had used the same set up at Glamis. The machine is fine in low dunes/small hills with speed. Regarding alignment I checked and corrected before I went though something did change so I will check it again this coming weekend. I think it is going to be a good trail machine and i like the lower center of gravity.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts