Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello aceforums

Was out testing my ace 570 and in the process drove it into some deep water.
front was floating and rear was under, one big moth full of water and shes done...

in the process i was very happy with he unit as lights and systems where solidly working through the submission...

now this post is not about how to get it started as with in a few minutes and the tool it i had it idling for a few minutes to clean her out... Ps spark plug location neg 10 points...

i would like to know the process of a flood on these things...
i did drain the ctv thing box but dont know what else on these fancy things.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Well at least it isn't hydrolocked since it has started. The only process is to start changing all fluids a couple of times to make sure all water is out of the machine. As you mentioned the plug definitely needs changed and they are a pia to get to. You are one very lucky camper that you machine didn't ingest water into the motor through the air cleaner. Had that happened you probably would have had an expensive repair. You must have shut it down instantly after sinking it which was a very good thing. Good luck Get some cheap oil and use that for a couple of changes before you put in the correct oil. It will save you some bucks

Reactions: polarbear

·
Registered
1,747 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Took me 5 oil changes to get mine cleaned out. I shut mine down before it died in the water but I took water in through the exhaust we tried to restart it when we pulled it out of the hole. All I did was turn over with no fire didn't have a plug wrench on me. Started towng it back down the trail tried to restart a little ways longer and turn the ignition and all I got was a short crank and a click it was hydrolocked. Pulled the plug when I got home and crank it with no plug blew the water out of the top end and then dried the plug put the plug back in and before I fired it back up and check the oil in the oil looked clean so I fired it up we ran it for about 20 seconds shut it down check oil to discover all the water LOL. All said and done after five oil changes with cheap oil it was clean again. .refilled with Polaris oil and new filter. She still runs like a top though no damage luckily.....then came new airbox n snorkels...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes i too am looking at a snorkel now...

how was your transmission... i pulled the red plug out and it rained out water for ages...
im worried about diffs and tranny too
im going to flush it out with diesel then polaris oil.
new oil filter too =)

cheers for the comment steve

·
Registered
29 Posts
yes i too am looking at a snorkel now...

how was your transmission... i pulled the red plug out and it rained out water for ages...
im worried about diffs and tranny too
im going to flush it out with diesel then polaris oil.
new oil filter too =)

cheers for the comment steve
diffs were at service time anyways but came out clean..no flush needed.
the drain on clutch cover yes lotsa water.lol but all good.
not sure about using diesel for flush. trans and front diff fluid change is is only about 45 to 50 bux with polaris oils they usually survive a swamping ok. bit i relocated my vent lines to the top of my box before i was even snorkeled.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.