Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2014 ACE 325
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick hello, I finally made an account.

I’ve been surfin around on this forum here and there since buying my ACE a few years ago.

She’s a 2014 325 white lightning.
Bought her used off a family friend who had lightly used her since buying brand new.

She came with a pile of goodies that Polaris sold him when he bought it. Front and rear bumpers, winch, soft storage bags - upper roof bag, rear behind seat bag and the tickle trunk.

He had a cheap lift on her but was removed after he was having problems with the rear axle popping out.

She was rolling on 26” mud lites as well.
Fairly ready to go as she sat but I don’t leave much alone for long as you’ll see.

Anyways, as I learn to navigate the forum I’ll post pics of the old gal. Every ones got their own take on wheelin and what these units should be. And I’ll leave you with my version.

Thanks and hope your enjoying the long weekend ( if you’re having one lol )

~TwEeKeD

·
Registered
2014 ACE 325
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
She’s up on 27” mud bugs on beadlocks.

I made some quick/easy spring spacers to add much needed preload to the factory suspension- front and rear.

Super ATV 1.5” forward front A arms.

Deleted front and rear plastics.

Moved/tucked front amd rear Polaris bumpers along with relocating the winch higher and offcenterd/Centerd.

Got rid of the factory muffler for one I took of my street bike / made my own baffles/spark arrestor to get the noise back to a tolerable level.. still pretty loud lol but it doesn’t weigh anywhere near what the stock unit does.

Full snorkel.

Factory rad relocate.

Fourpoint harness.

LED work lamps for the rear on toggle.

LED lamps up front / deleted factory headlamps ( useless compared to what I have mounted now.

LED overhead light in the cab.

AUX fuse panel mounted over head along with toggles and USB ports.

Attitude piggyback fuel controller.

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 ACE 325
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very nice. How difficult was the radiator relocation?
If you’re fairly mechanically inclined, it’s pretty easy.

I kept it fairly simple, used zip ties to hold the rad in place on the cross bar. Bought a 6’ length of heater hose, some 90’s and hose clamps. And you’ll need to extend the wires for the radiator.

I left the stock lines in place, I’d like to put a small heater in for the winter months and those end of the mudding day adventures, when your coming home after sunset.

But after seeing the amount of mud/dirt/debris that was trapped up front while in the stock location, it was a no brainer to move it. Like not even a chance I could put it back in the stock spot.

·
Registered
2014 ACE 325
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Today I’m going after a few more mods I’ve HD on the list.

First one is to build my own rock sliders, this will be welded directly to the frame.

Also I’ve been playing around with adding floatation to my Ace.

As anyone on here knows, the 325 doesn’t have the jam like the big bore units, so I’ve had to change my riding style for more of a finesse style. Weight reduction has been at the front line along with now - floatation, keep this gal from sinking into the muck is my end goal. Where I ride can be anything from Rocky Mountain bottom water holes, to bottomless muskeg meadows.

Streamlining the factory edges is of major concern. And you’ll see that in the rock sliders I’m building. I like rounded corners as opposed to singular edges that can get caught up on the rocks and deep muskeg grass.

Hope all of you are enjoying this weekend 🤙🏼🤙🏼🤙🏼

·
Registered
2014 ACE 325
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For anyone thinking they won’t have fun in a 325, this gal has put a smile on my face Numerous times.

I consider the Ace 325 the Suzuki Samurai of the SxS world. It makes up for the large displacement motor with weight savings and maneuvering.

High floatation tires, aired down on beadlocks amd this thing is a blast. 🤙🏼👍🏼🙌🏼🤙🏼👍🏼🙌🏼

·
Registered
101 Posts
Of interest, my re located Voltage Regulator. Too much gear on the back tray to have it placed there like yours. High and dry for me.

·
Registered
2014 ACE 325
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Of interest, my re located Voltage Regulator. Too much gear on the back tray to have it placed there like yours. High and dry for me.
Thank you for this! Options are always good to see in the community.

The box area on mine is mainly used for some light rigging for while out in the mud, a small fuel can, and sometimes my chainsaw.

I haven’t had too much issue yet with my placement. If everything’s secure in the box, there’s no need to worry about my Reg. 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

1 - 12 of 12 Posts