Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We purchased a new unit and my wife is 4' 10" so she pulls the seat to the full forward position. After we can't get the seat to go back and then when it does the seat won't lock. Is anyone else having the same problem with the seat?

·
Registered
525 Posts
You probably need to pull the seat out and check the slide tracks and locking mechanism for dirt and grit. Maybe clean it good and spray some dry lube on it. I have to do this to mine regularly.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
You might also try slightly loosening the bolts that hold the tracks in place to the point where you can move them by tapping them but not by hand, put the seat back in, slide it all the way back, pull it out again, and tighten up the bolts.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I would guess its a binding issue as well. Scoundrel has a good point of trying to get the tracks "straight" or lined up. Also the dry lube certainly wont hurt. Ours lock as they should but don't necessarily slide as freely as they probably should. We don't worry about it though as once we find our comfy spot we never really change it.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Mine binded up from the dealer. I had them fix it before I took it home.
When I looked at it on the floor, neither the salesman or myself could make it move.
Both me and my wife are about the same height, so we pushed it back all the way and it stays there.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Haven't had to adjust the seat too much on our new 570, but I did notice that it takes some wiggling to get it to start moving. My wife and I are more or less the same height, but my legs are shorter, so I like the seat about 2 notches forward from the back.
I've used a spray on Moly lube for all of the trailer hitch inserts for years now and it works pretty well, but have to recoat every now and then.
I'll try it out on the seat tracks tonight and see if it makes much of a difference, without adjusting anything.

Ran out to the shop to find the can of lube. It's Chemsearch Moly Dry Film Lube.
Cylinder Spray Tin Lubricant Gas

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Mine binded up from the dealer. I had them fix it before I took it home.
When I looked at it on the floor, neither the salesman or myself could make it move.
Both me and my wife are about the same height, so we pushed it back all the way and it stays there.
When I bought mine in December, I sat in every one the dealer had and the seats on every one wouldn't move properly. I just used a light coat of lithium grease and problem solved. Works good and lasts longer than some lubricants

Reactions: Rduhon
1 - 7 of 7 Posts