Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all,

I'll just be watching the threads for "Tips & Trips" with the Ace..
I don't have one right now, probably not until the end of next year and probably the "Latest & Greatest" at that time, 2016?

While I'm an Older retired Geezer, 55+13yrs, running outta time and I'm looking forward to riding the less than 50" trails. Originally from Pasadena, CA, been up in WA since '89. Just recently gave up Cold Water Scuba diving and ORVs have replaced it. Love camping, photography and exploring so eager to get out there.

Since I'm new to ORV, Rzr in Feb '14 I've only been to a few places, Fallon, NV, Bend, OR, Klamath Falls, OR
Mackay, ID and Sand Lake,OR love the PNW and locally to Seattle Area.

I currently have a XP1k 2014, small trailer to tow behind a Chev 2010 Colorado. I also have a little Tear Drop trailer I use for camping but can't take them both, so Tent Camping on the long hauls.
Next year should be different Running Rig and am planning on the cargo trailer length to include the Ace.

While I'm up for rides on the wider trails, I'll sit and watch you enjoy yours on the Ace. It looks like a blast.
I'm also over on the rzrforums.net with the XP1k...

It's all fun, looking forward to the rides,
"Here, hold my beer ....watch this..." are about the scariest words I've heard so far.. heheh
fun...

frank

fpoole_SouDough-133.jpg

·
Registered
86 Posts
Welcome to the forum. My brother and I are in Lake Stevens/Granite Falls, and we both have Ace's. We ride at Walker Valley for now. When you do pick one up, I can let you know when we head out there. I believe Scoundrel is located in this area as well.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great, thanks Kevin...

Working on it...
I've ridden with Paul at Elbe and Ellensburg.. I see him at the staging area and one more time back at the staging area, heheh, greased Lightening he is... fun...

·
Registered
11 Posts
hey f Poole, is that what I need to start doing now that I'm 55 plus X amount of years? I'm not gay or nothin but you look pretty good for an old fart.nice looking ride.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Heheh, thanks Shortbus, looks are deceiving, I have my morning and nightly doses of Motrin etc.. LOL, but getting out there while you can has always been top priority.

I did have to give up Cold Water diving as I'd end up either breaking my legs (falling on slippery rocks) or becoming a "Floater" (passing out) so switched over to something I can Flip, Smash or Jump to do it. Heheh, but at least I'll be sitting down... for the most part anyway.

Ride, thanks, I call Her "Nellie". She's my Navigator and gets me lost right out of the parking lot..
The Ace will be named "Litt'l Nell" when I get it.

It's all fun... 'about?' the only thing they can't take from you is "Memories" so I'm working on making them as best as I can...

Fun...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just got my Ace, 2015 45 HP, now i need to start getting it Dirty ... If UR in So. oregon Again let me know, I would love to ride with ya....

Deecee13

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks DC,
Looking forward to getting down there again...
Luv OR riding... Maybe the first of the year, depending on $$$....
cheers..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, Frank.

I am in Stanwood, WA (north of you) and looking for an ACE I can put my wide behind the wheel of to see if she wants one.

I own Octank Toy Box, a UTV accessories store, so I can make it worth your time! :)

Please contact me. [email protected]

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Email sent, FYI, I'm just a lurker on the site for now. Looking to get an ACE late 2016. Explained in email
Thanks Brandon...

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Kevin92xj - Yes, I am in Snohomish, WA.

Octane Toy Box -
That's a tricky proposition. Too many times on ATV and UTV forums, the words have been repeated: I let [insert relation here] ride my [insert ORV here] and they rolled it!
While I am not 100% opposed to letting other people ride my stuff, I exercise judgement on who does, and usually I've known them for a while, and they're prepared to be financially responsible for damages.
I have insurance of course, and it covers "permissible riders" (people I have granted permission to ride), but nobody likes their stuff getting trashed, insurance or not.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts