Polaris ACE Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
The guy I got this one from bought it for his 16 year old daughter to ride with him with his 900 Ace. She put 290 miles on it and decided she liked her horse better, so he put it up for sale and I bought, then put a bunch of $$$ into it. This one has has had no problems whatsoever, just a couple of minor things like relatively stiff throttle pedal and somewhat finicky shifter. Both not a big deal.
what was your solution for this stiff throttle pedal? Mines feeling pretty heavy

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
what was your solution for this stiff throttle pedal? Mines feeling pretty heavy
I haven't done anything with it and just got used to it. I imagine they make it heavy to minimize thottle fluctuations on rough terrain. Just a guess. I think I remember reading a thread about it on there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Stiff throttle pedal and HATE the "tippy" feeling in this rig Just put a bunch of improvements in - Suspension is next. Obviously not gearing up to sell it, just want it to look a little more like an adult vehicle.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Stiff throttle pedal and HATE the "tippy" feeling in this rig Just put a bunch of improvements in - Suspension is next. Obviously not gearing up to sell it, just want it to look a little more like an adult vehicle.
This thread is several months old and I ended up finally selling it and up getting a Grizzly 700. But If you can swing it, get a decent cage with a 4 point harness and it will put you more at ease with that tippy feeling. Also wheel spacers help stability.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I put in 2" lift, 1.5" fwd A arms and 30x10x14 tires with 4+3 offset rims - so is squared to the road nice.
the suspension to me is weak - I am 220# - Thinking of upping the spring rate.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yea, this isn't about liking my machine. I like it just fine, but I just don't use it like I had planned to. I need more of a utility quad I can hop on and off of easily for chores on my property. The Ace with doors and climbing in it behind a steering wheel is a lot more cumbersome to get in and out of. For taking it out on long rides it's great, but I just don't do that any longer. I'm just puzzled there is ZERO interest in it and I have it advertised on two major platforms, dropped the price $900 in two days and not one person interested. It's not like it's beat up with high miles, it only has 685 and loaded with options.
How much are you asking for it?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

·
Registered
14 Posts
No this is not a for sale ad, just curious if they are selling in your area? I have had mine on Craigslist and FB for a few days with plenty of pictures and not even a lowballer or scammer has contacted me. The FB ad shows over 300 have looked at it, but not a single message. The crazy thing is I live in a huge off-road area in the high Nevada desert. Maybe I priced it too high, but you would think someone would at least ask if its negotiable. I was afraid of this happening when I bought it as they just are not popular. Looks like I may end up almost giving it away even after putting lots of $$$ into it. :sad:
I think at the time you wrote this there was still a bunch of new stock at dealers, so the aftermarket wastn really in existence i only found out they existed in late 2019 after my girlfriend flipped over on a quad and got a concussion i was like she needs a cage. I wasnt aware they had already been discontinued at that time. I bought one off craigslist in Yakima washington for 5500 w/ 1250 miles and tons of accessories (now 2250 miles). Then in April 2020 i found a dealership (in north carolina) dumping their new 2016 ACE 900 SP's for 6399, they had 3, i only bought one, kind of wish i had the money to buy all 3. now you cant really find them very easily. I think polaris did a really poor job advertising them. now that theyve been discontinued im been trying to find more of them with low miles. we have 48" width restrictions and was like this thing is perfect. I tried looking for a new one only to realize that they dont make them anymore. RS1 is too wide and too expensive, i mean the only market for those really is professional pit racers. if im going to spend 15K on a RZR you might as well get a 2 seater to pick up the babes if you cant fit on a 48" wide trail.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think there is a market for the ace, but not a market for 6 different models (325, 500, 570, 900sp, 900xc, rs1).
I don't get the rs1, it's bigger in all dimensions than an rzr 900 trail or even a 900s.

I agree polaris just did a terrible job promoting the ace. Until a few months ago I had barely heard about it, everything I knew could be summed up as "a 4 wheeler with a roll cage", which it seems to be how polaris marketed it, but was a turnoff for me as an atv rider, and is definitely not the reason we bought one.

Basically, I used to be all about atv's. My daughter loved riding with me, but at 12 was getting a bit big to be riding on the back of my 1up ATV, so I started looking at 2 seat ATV's, and then needed the make the decision between a 2up atv and a 50" rzr ...
In the end I decided on a 50" rzr 900 trail, and we loved it. That and my wife's atv fit great on our trailer.
Then one day my wife drove my rzr, and was hooked. But, there was no possibility of fitting a second rzr on our trailer, and due to how we need to park it next to our house, we have a tight 90° turn that necessitates using a trailer dolly, a double axle trailer was out of the question, and any single axle we could find didn't have the weight capacity for two rzr's, even my 900 and a 570 would be about 25% over weight...

Then one day mulling it over, the ace enterd my mind, not as a "safer atv", but as a "smaller sxs".... Basically, we were the perfect candidate for an ace, we wanted a "sxs", but we only needed one more seat, and we needed something smaller than the smallest sxs.... Litteraly only an ace fit our parameters.

Next came the real problem. Finding one. The 325 was definitely out, as it would have the same problem as our atv keeping up with my 900. The 500 that replaced it seemed no better with the same 32hp. The 570 seemed perfect, but finding one for sale nearby was a challenge. We expanded our research area to 500 miles, and still nothing a few 500s came up but were gone before we got the chance to call...... Then we discovered the 900sp via a classified ad....
The price seemed a little high, but it came with a ridiculous number of extras. Winch, an aluminum roof, lower doors, front and rear bumpers, a radio, rock rails, a nice skid plate, street legal kit... We paid $8450 for it, which I feel was an ok deal considering corona pricing...

Anyway, the point of my post is, aces are really only tough to sell because no one is really looking for them. For somebody looking for one, there is simply no competition, and now that you can't go new, they should sell even better.
Imo the only reason one isn't selling is not because it's priced too high, but that simply no one is looking, because they don't know about them, so don't lower your price, you just need to wait till a buyer comes along. We litteraly bought the first one we called on that wasn't already sold, and looking now there are simply none for sale nearby, so we are glad we did...

·
Registered
514 Posts
RS1 is too wide and too expensive, i mean the only market for those really is professional pit racers
Lol, I own both. Pit racer?
As far as price the RS1 is the best deal Polaris sells with its heavy duty turbo drive train. They only weigh around 30 pounds less than a full size RZR XP 1000 so you have the same raw materials cost and the price is a couple thousand cheaper with heavier duty parts.
I see lots of RS1's on the trails around here going places you probably wouldn't take you Ace unless it was an XC with its wider track. There are two riding areas I use that I don't take the Ace any more because of the washouts and ruts.
I very rarely see an Ace except for my own.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah i think the Kids EFI 150, the 570 SP, 900SP(48"), RS1 would be the way forward. (might even argue 900SP not necessary, i would be happy with a new 570 48", but i do love that sweet-ass 900SP of mine - if only it had dual a Arms on the front instead of that Mac-Strut, but it does have a ton of extra re-inforcement on the front as compared to the 570 so has proven much more reliable than my 2015 570 SP of which ive lost A arms, mac struts on and replaced with upgraded super ATV a arms). when i say "i've lost" of course i mean my girlfriend lost. however since ultimately its my wallet that loses, i use "I've lost" vernacular. I like to think of ACES as 4x4 golf carts on steroids (thought not sure that wouldve helped or hurt the marketing). saying a one seater is a Side by side always hurts my brain.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Lol, I own both. Pit racer?
As far as price the RS1 is the best deal Polaris sells with its heavy duty turbo drive train. They only weigh around 30 pounds less than a full size RZR XP 1000 so you have the same raw materials cost and the price is a couple thousand cheaper with heavier duty parts.
I see lots of RS1's on the trails around here going places you probably wouldn't take you Ace unless it was an XC with its wider track. There are two riding areas I use that I don't take the Ace any more because of the washouts and ruts.
I very rarely see an Ace except for my own.
Pit racer:

21 - 35 of 35 Posts