Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually buy service manuals for my stuff and notice you can get one for the ACE for I think $80. Has anyone bought it? Is it any good?

·
Registered
173 Posts
I will be buying one. My hubby bought one for his ranger and it has been super handy when working on his now out of warranty ranger when you need torque specs, diagrams, ect. We work on all of our own stuff and used to work at a dealer so we like to get the manual's to make sure we have all of the correct machine specific information. They are very helpful if you are going to tinker with your own machine!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'm buying one as I do for all my rides.
OK, here's my review of the 570 after 200+ miles on the Hatfied/McCoy trails in West Virginia.
Great power, good handles well,(Polaris power steering has been added). Note that you will loose 25% of the power and zip with 26" heavy tires but it stills has good power and can climb very steep grades like a goat.
Unfortunately the 570 it has a real issue with heat transfer from the radiator fan to the fire wall an it heats up the cab like you wouldn't believe. Even the steering wheel gets hot!!
Someone needs to come out with a good insulation kit. Also, for rocky mountain trails the suspension will beat you up even with only 3 psi in the tires! You guys who ride logging roads, and smoother terrain may find the stock suspension OK but if you prefer a traditional Sportsman smooth comfortable ride over rough terrain you will need to change springs or something. I don't know what yet. Don't get me wrong her, I really like the 570 but it needs some refinements if you are a serious trail rider. I will be adding the EBS clutching from the RZR 570 soon as it arrives. My 550 Sportsman and 800 LE RZR has it, and the 570 really needs it when going down steep technical grades. I would appreciate feedback about the heat and suspension issues if anyone else is working on these.

Norm Lagueux

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have read on rzr site that this going down hill is hell. If you go on atvtv site under 2013 reviews polaris rzr project part 11. Meyers talks about the one way bearing and the company that has the one way bearing kit, the company is Starting Line Products not cheap about $570. You can go on ytube and they have videos on how to take the clutch apart

·
Registered
61 Posts
It is worth buying in my opinion. I've referred to it multiple times.

I usually buy service manuals for my stuff and notice you can get one for the ACE for I think $80. Has anyone bought it? Is it any good?

I think that it should be available also online from Polaris and owners could login to a web site to get info as part of the purchase or as a CD/DVD/flash drive ....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts