Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just finished a week of trail riding at Hatfield-McCoy. Got about 350 miles of trail in and the Ace was wonderful. Got a good feel for the machine and its capabilities. It will climb like a billy goat in low!
Had an occasional issue though and wondered if anyone else has experienced anything similar.

I usually have the AWD switch on when riding so it can work when it needs to, no need to stop and get it to engage. Several times, guessing about 3 or 4 times a day on average, when taking off after a stop the whole machine would shake. The steering wheel would jerk back and forth pretty hard too. I'd stop and try neutral, reverse, high, low to get it to stop. No combination ever seemed to work every time. Would try turning off the AWD button too, sometimes that seemed to help sooner and sometimes not. My husband thinks it seemed to happen more after backing up. It never happened while riding, just after stopping. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
That sounds like the AWD misbehaving, but I can't say for sure.
Just as an experiment, I suggest turning off the AWD before you turn off the machine on the next couple of rides, and see if it still happens.
Then of course turn it on again once you get rolling.
Or if that's too hard to remember, just leave it off except when you need it, for a few rides.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking about doing that. Is it enough of an issue to take in and have checked? I'm sure it wouldn't do it on que. Lol
Probably a good idea to get on record for warranty purposes if there is something they would do about it?

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
That's a tough call. If dragging it to the dealer is a PITA I could understand the reluctance.
But if it's a concern for you, and it's not a major pain to take it in, I would.
If it's nothing, or if they can't repro it, well, at least they have a record of the concern if it starts getting worse (and more easily reproducible) later.
If they can repro and fix it, it will almost certainly be covered under warranty.
Just make sure you ask them for an expectation of how long they'll have your machine. That always seems to be the primary complaint when a machine is in the shop - how long the dealer has had it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
This has happened to me as well, mostly after backing up in awd. With the engine at idle I run the shifter up and down several times and it goes away. I can't reproduce it on demand ether. it feels to me like the shifter rod might need adjusting. I have had it limping and just snap out of it on it's own which makes me think the shift rod may not be engaging the correct gear fully.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts