Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's my situation. I can not keep mud out of my side intakes. And a little bit inside my air box(not much). And have not done much muddin. Just trails with mud here and there.

I took it into the dealership for a little problem I was havin with it goin into limp mode which turned out to be connections. The service guy informed me of the mud in my intakes and suggested gettin snorkels.

My question is should I get snorkels, or is there a better way of keepin them clean, btw I don't go through high water. And I would like to know what some of yalls dealers do concerning your warranty when they see snorkels.

Thanks for any opinions.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Reminder to self.........Go check the boxes for mud, water, and any other unauthorised items tomorrow. Thanks for giving me a heads up One Deep.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Every time I wash mine, I spray some water into the intakes and squeeze the rubber valve at the bottom of the intakes.
I get muddy water, sometimes with small chunks.
After some really muddy rides sometimes the rubber valve is a little clogged.
So I spray a bit of water in, massage the valve, spray a bit more in, etc until the water comes out clean without me having to squeeze the valves.

As far as preventing it from getting in there in the first place, I guess moving the intakes elsewhere would be one way to do it.
Another way might be to build custom shrouds that cover the existing intakes.
Polaris will of course refuse any warranty stuff related to engine damage if they see snorkels.
A custom shroud that is removable might help there, if there is no evidence of it after it has been removed.

I haven't seen any other conversations here about modifying those that did not include full snorkel jobs.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have brainstormed some ideas of makin a modified snorkel and just seal it to the intake and bring up along my roll bar.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I dont have a snorkel on mine yet but i have noticed that with mine the airbox that has the main air filter in it doesnt seal anything like it should.. i have gotten a little bit of mud in that box because of that. and also get some red clay in the ones on the side, if it dies in there you will have to wet it and scrape it out to get it to drain right again. but a little tip when pressure washing take the little grates off and the big partical filter off before you start washing and clean those 2, install back on and wash. it keeps all the mud thats coated the instakes for going down inside as much. i didnt know it was happening so it dried up in mine and i ended up spending a good hour trying to break all that clay loose lol

my main point being if you put a snorket kit on your ace make sure the main air box seals good before you dive into 3' of mud or you might be replacing an engine!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nope but I will shortly. I bought te 5 year extended warranty but can already tell that's they are going to be screwin me around, idk why I fell for it originally. I talked to my sales man and I can get that refunded. So I plan on buyin wheels and snorkels after I get that back. A buddy got some razr wheels he's givin me.

Anybody heard of a snorkel company that has a guarantee that if they leak and ruin motor they will replace motor? If so I'm lookin for them. Im kinda hesitant to through some cheap tubing on and think all is good.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I think you're going to be hard pressed to find a builder that will guarantee a no leak set-up, after all, look at the enviorment you will be running in. I had dried caked mud in my air box. No sign of wet filter that I could tell, but water/moisture and mud has definitely been in there. I think I need to get something changed or at least better protected.

·
Registered
15 Posts
mine came with a messed up airbox seal I found at 50 miles

1 - 11 of 11 Posts