Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a full EMP windshield and am wanting to put side mirrors on my Ace. Question is "Will it work"?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Acester, I have Big Dawg side mirrors and the EMP front windshield and they work fine together.

View attachment 3904

This is a photo from the front of my Ace.

View attachment 3905

There is clearance between the mirror mount and the windshield about the width of the windshield. I like the Big Dawg mirrors but the bolts do rust.

View attachment 3906

I put the bottom of the windshield on top of the mounting bracket for the upper doors. This raised the windshield a little over and inch above the front plastic. This helped a lot with the dust entering the cab as it let some air flow into the cab from under the windshield and helps to break up the dead air behind the windshield that sucked in dust. The full doors also help with the dust. When I am riding alone, I do not use the front windshield unless it is very cold or raining. I use the front windshield when riding in dusty conditions with a group. It eliminates some of the "dust eating" that I used to enjoy.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Yes it sure will, just have to adjust where the mirrors are going to be mounted, to keep from being in the way of the windshield mounts

·
Registered
552 Posts
I have an EMP full windshield and koplin side mirrors, works. I don't use the windshield much in the summer, brings in dust and keeps in heat. I actually mounted it on the back to help control dust.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts