Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all you winter haters. The ACE is a blast in the snow. It is squirrely in the deep snow while in 4wd, especially on this specific trail near the 2nd half of the video. I stop at 2:47 and put it in 4wd, goes through the deep snow better but moves side to side more. Overall a fun drift buster, overall stayed dry and fairly warm.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Not much snow falls here but I'm hopin for some so I can play in it in the ace! Normally I NEVER want it to snow!! :)

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's a pic of Lake Michigan a few hours ago, there are piles of ice 15'-20' high but the visibility is so bad all you can see is the dune grass and beach area,
rsz_img_5240.jpg

·
Registered
420 Posts
I love the snow. When I lived in MN my drive to work in the winter was 20 minutes shorter than summertime since I could drive across the lake.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
My Ace is AZ so no snow for it, but my Rzr is here in Idaho and we have lots of snow here...... Headed back to AZ this weekend, as these old bones don't care for sub zero temps that we have been having.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I never have the guts to run across the lakes in my daily driver. In Michigan the Ice is often iffy, I've seen quite a few fall ins. That's awesome you could do that.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My Ace is AZ so no snow for it, but my Rzr is here in Idaho and we have lots of snow here...... Headed back to AZ this weekend, as these old bones don't care for sub zero temps that we have been having.
Have to admit, I'd love to soak in some AZ sunshine. Never see the sun here in West Michigan, the lake builds clouds.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Nice video. That looks cold, really cold with that wind. It is 10* here right now and we are freezing our butts off.

Seems like the ACE is really good about blocking the cold though and does provide some heat for the feet through that hole around the steering shaft.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice video. That looks cold, really cold with that wind. It is 10* here right now and we are freezing our butts off.

Seems like the ACE is really good about blocking the cold though and does provide some heat for the feet through that hole around the steering shaft.
It was 5 with windchill of -15 ha ha. So I didn't wear my swim suit!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Awesome video! Yeah I love winter otherwise I would not live in the snowbelt of northern WI, but in my case since I live in an anti-atv town I can only ride my property which is fun but I like to log miles of play so I am screwed on any major riding till spring. I could trailer away but we use an open car hauler and they salt the roads of northern WI with pounds and pounds of salt, so that makes trailering away out. But if I install a plow and plow light on my Ace I can ride 2 miles from my house and if they bust me I can say I was out plowing and that makes it legal in our state atv regulations! Might just have to do that or wait till spring.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So now we almost have two feet on the ground. Debating going out and giving her the same run and see if she can handle that.

·
Registered
173 Posts
So now we almost have two feet on the ground. Debating going out and giving her the same run and see if she can handle that.
It can make it through! I went through over two feet of snow with mine last year. 4wd and low gear just crawled right through fun and amazing!

·
Registered
173 Posts
I got mine in March last year and rode it on all over the property at my house in untouched deep wet snow during March, April, and into May when the trails finally opened up. We had record snowfall last year and had snow here into May. It made it through every test I threw at it, very impressed never getting stuck.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Did you ride it in any conditions where the snow had kind of a hard crust on it, but was kinda thick and sloppy and deeper than your wheels are tall? Works great until you break through. Then you're high centered and screwed. :D

·
Registered
173 Posts
No crust but wet and deeper than the tires tall. Being flat ground and straight shots was very helpful though, I didn't try the hills on the property till the snow was really melting. I knew I would get stuck on the hills lol.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts