Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for experiences with power commander, is it worth it and do you need new exhaust? if so does any one know if simple bolt on exhaust options?

·
Registered
299 Posts
All the Power Commander does is "unlock" increased adjustability of the EFI for adding aftermarket parts affected by air/fuel mixture. With AutoTune module, it constantly adjusts on the fly.
Stock system can't adjust enough for add-ons such as exhaust or airbox modifications. Performance increase will depend on how much stuff you add to the ACE.

The HMF Swamp/Swamp XL Series exhaust most common, though XL said to be very loud. Trinity Racing & Yoshimura also have options available.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I too want the Swamp Series exhaust, but in my area cheapest is: $750-full exhaust, $500-Power Commander V & $450-AutoTune. So roughly $1700 just to run an aftermarket exhaust! lol
Take that for what it's worth....mind you if work was good I'd probably still shell out the $$ anyhow! lmao

·
Registered
93 Posts
You will not see any big gains per dollar until you go inside the engine and clutch. Power Commander is not a good name for the device, it's a good marketing name. It is just a fueling device. My HMF exhaust, uni filter, and extra intake tube only required 5-12% more fuel in some zones. That won't be felt by the seat of your pants, but it's good insurance you aren't running lean. Now when I upped my displacement to 625, there was significant fuel added in some zones. Bottom line, if someone thinks dropping $500+ on some electrical gadget is going to turn your atv/utv or bike into a monster, you will be disappointed. Spend that money on engine/clutch mods. You need knowledge and your hands are going to get dirty but sadly, that's why the bolt on gadget industry is booming. Buy a Power Commander for insurance, not for performance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts