Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not changed the plug yet, but would like to know how in case I ever need to do it.

I did not get a tool kit but I understand that there are two specific tools.....Spark plug sickrt and spark plug boot puller.

How does the spark plug boot puller work?

Does anyone use other tools vs. These seemingly rinky dink ones?

I figure since I have to buy them, I might as well get better tools than what come in the kit.

·
Registered
447 Posts
View attachment 4077

Mungo, the photo above is the tool for removing the boot. The tool is about 6" long. The "U" shaped insert on the left end fits under the spark plug boot and you can lift the boot out of the valve cover with this.

View attachment 4078

The right end of the tool fits over the spark plug wrench as a handle for removing the spark plug.

In my opinion, you need to thoroughly blow off the area with compressed air before you remove the boot. Then blow out the area around the spark plug with compressed air before removing the plug. After my Ace was very hard to start last winter, I carry a spare plug and a can of Duster to clean the spark plug area if I have to change the plug on the trail.

The spark plug tool is the only tool in my Ace tool kit that I use. The dimensions of the tool exactly fit the Ace. There is not a lot of room between the spark plug and the engine cover. The spark plug wrench fits into this area perfectly. The "U" shaped insert in the handle fits under the spark plug boot very nicely.

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. I was only seeing the diagram of the tool and was wondering why the boot puller had a hex on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts