Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a sportsman ace... comes with 6 month comprehensive warranty with 18 month exteneded drive train. The dealer is offering 2 year comprehensive for $1400.00 more.... any issues with these machines? Is comprehensive really worth it? Thoughts?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
The 2 year warranty can be had for $500, if you dicker a little. ALL extended warranties are HUGE profit centers for the dealers and his cost for that 2 years is under $300. I got a 3 year warranty for $500 and know the dealer did NOT lose any money on the sale. I took it because this is a 1st year machine and was leery of how reliable it would be. So far Polaris has it right.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Both of my 2014's arrived this afternoon. Mine are the 32 horse. I got the Polaris extended 2 year, and felt that was adequate. I too would be hard pressed to pay more than 500,,,, and they are new, reputable company for build,, and I am going with the 2 year extension. Anxious to get out now and ride. Have mirrors ordered, not sure about a horn,,, think I will just get an emergency gas pressured one, as I have never used a horn, and doubt I would except to honk at my wife,, and that would just irritate her!

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
I got 4 yrs for under $700 and it begins after the factory 1yr.

If they work anything like car warranties you can buy from another dealer (assuming you have another close by.)

·
Registered
252 Posts
YOu can get it for FREE. I got a free 2 year warranty just by goofing around and surfing Polaris website until the right offer popped up!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts