Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been a lurker for a while but finally bought a 2015 Ace 570 with only 135 miles. A lady purchased it and shortly after developed health problems, and so it sat.

My total riding experience with it was about 5 miles around the neighborhood and to fill it up, and it ran fine. This morning I took it out to some real atv country for a total of about 30 miles. It started to feel less than smooth so 15 miles into the ride I was working my way back to the house. It started backfiring and wanting to stall out at idle. I let it cool down and just now took it for a little ride. It is backfiring anytime I let off the gas, and I need to really floor it to get it to run. It will run at high rpm, but as soon as I let off the gas it stutters, backfires, and doesn't want to run at lower rpms.

Sound familiar to anyone? Suggestions? I've googled for an hour and a half, checking out every model where the 570 is used. Google can only help so much, now it's time to ask for your help. Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, it ran fine on the old gas when I went to fill it up. Then it ran fine on the new gas. It started to deteriorate some as I made it work a bit climbing up a long sandy trail...never overheated. Just took it for a little test ride. It ran fine for a few minutes, but now won't idle, just dies. Restarts OK, but then runs really rough unless I put my foot in it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Humour me but check the air filter..Was a guy on here a while back bought a low hour/mile ace that ended up having a blocked air filter it did exactly what you describe..If that's all ok and clean then try.. Remove the seat and undo the odd looking retainer nut on top of the fuel pump yours should have a rubber boot over it pull the pump out and check that the filter sock isn't blocked up with crud gunk or water. Check the voltage regulator is working a half flat battery or dud battery makes them do some funny things as well. The crank speed sensor can play up as well and make the engine not run well. The early 325s like mine would throw and engine code if you where crawling or towing a load slowly at high revs. Also check under the ace the skid plate has a heap of holes in it which is great for water and dirt to get out but sticks use them to damage stuff like wiring looms etc. Also check that the battery's earth and connections are good and are actually working.. Goodluck

·
Registered
47 Posts
I purchased mine in a very similar fashion, only had 52 miles on it with the original tank of gas. Just like you I filled it up and drove it and it seemed to be OK and then I experienced the same symptoms you're having. I blew the tank out and filled it with fresh premium and some sea foam and it's been fine ever since. Coincidental? I don't know but that was my experience. Throw a fresh spark plug in as well'cause they can get fouled up from bad fuel.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Glad you got it figured out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
One thing I want to share that may help others: A frequently mentioned symptom of a failing/subpar fuel pump is poor running at higher rpms. This was not the case with mine. It would run out quite well when I put my foot in it only to backfire and sputter at lower rpms. The pressure provided by the bad pump was 30 psi. I believe 58 psi is the correct pressure according to Polaris.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts