Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So its very cold out and I like to start the ACE and my tractor inside my barn and let them warm up before opening my garage door letting out my warm air (I keep my barn at 45-50). I rigged up some heavy black tubing into a air duct, a duct fan, and a dryer vent leading out to the back of my barn. I have about $60 into the setup and a hour of time. Now I don't have to smell exhaust fumes and waste hot air. Just remember to turn off the quiet duct fan, I forgot and left it on overnight once... (I'm Kinda board, not wanting to work on the the "list" so I thought I'd post this, I know kinda lame)

Screen Shot 2014-12-31 at 2.55.05 PM.png Screen Shot 2014-12-31 at 2.56.12 PM.png

·
Registered
41 Posts
We have a problem with people forgetting to switch off lights in walk-in coolers at work. Installed simple "wind-up" timer switches -- the generic variety typically used on bathroom heat lamps. Problem solved. They're generally available in 15-, 30-, & 60-minute varieties and wire-up the same as ordinary switches. Almost every hardware store has them.

Just be careful if you have a free-venting gas/LP heater to not create a negative pressure in the barn that could suck heater flue gas back inside. CO levels could increase. If it's sealed combustion (or electric) you're okay.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts