Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a used 2014 ace 325 when i bought it it ran great i tested it before buying i shut it off and started it back up no issues so i bought it loaded it up brought it home 2 hour ride went to start it to unload it wouldnt start up so pudhed into the garadge and the next day i tryed it again and no start i checked the battery it was good put a charger on it as i was looking it over i checked the fuel and i have fuel checked spark and i have spark so i checked the plug and changed it still no start i checked compression it was at 30 psi i came and was reading some of the post on here and i seen a post about wash down cylinder so i removed the plug put a tea spoon of oil in the cylinder cranked it as specified reinstalled the plug nothing i tryed starting fluid got some back fire no start up i then noticed that the skark plug wasnt getting wet with fuel so i checked the injector it wasnt spraying fuel so i ordered a new injecker no such luck checked the injector wiring with a test light im getting power to the injector plug. im lost on this any help would be awsome carl

·
Registered
7 Posts
There is a small fuse box behind the seat on the driver’s side. There is a fuel pump relay in there that goes bad. Just swap them around to test. Then replace them. They are all the same relay.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a small fuse box behind the seat on the driver’s side. There is a fuel pump relay in there that goes bad. Just swap them around to test. Then replace them. They are all the same relay.
I have tried that already there are 4 of them checked all the fuses changed the gas installed new 94 octane I tried swapping them again today as well still nothing

·
Registered
99 Posts
Is the motor actually trying to turn over or just nothing when the key turned? You should hear the starter click. I do wonder if the voltage regulator located in front of the rear left wheel is fried?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is the motor actually trying to turn over or just nothing when the key turned? You should hear the starter click. I do wonder if the voltage regulator located in front of the rear left wheel is fried?
Yes it cranks over i have spark i hear the fuel pump prim i just don't get the start up i did the oil in the cylinder ive even sprayed starting fluid in it just get backfire or just cranks over i installed a new plug and found it was dry with no fuel on it and was trying different things for an hour pulled the plug and it was dry sprayed starting fluid in the cylinder tried it it just gave .e a back fire and nothing

·
Registered
33 Posts
Did you check compression again with the freshly oiled cylinder? Because if you only have 30psi compression, that's your problem. Might be valves misadjusted if you are lucky.
Good luck!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did you check compression again with the freshly oiled cylinder? Because if you only have 30psi compression, that's your problem. Might be valves misadjusted if you are lucky.
Good luck!
I dint check the compression after the oil in the cynder i will do that tomorrow again thank you

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm not an expert nor a mechanic, but I know you need better compression than that to run the engine. Pretty sure fixing the compression problem will fix your engine. But it's not sounding great. Sorry, no further ideas, but good luck to you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Are you performing your compression test with the throttle closed (which could explain the comparatively low reading) or wide open - as it should be when performing this test?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm not an expert nor a mechanic, but I know you need better compression than that to run the engine. Pretty sure fixing the compression problem will fix your engine. But it's not sounding great. Sorry, no further ideas, but good luck to you.
Thanks for everyone s help appreciated it
Are you performing your compression test with the throttle closed (which could explain the comparatively low reading) or wide open - as it should be when performing this test?
Closed i didn't know you needed it open ill try it again

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok today i went out full charged battery and bought a trickle charger left it on after about 2 hours it fired up spraying starting fluid and just cranking over and over had to push about quarter pedle as well it started idle great after a few min took it for a ride was good went 40 45 no problem got it warmed up shut it off started right back up drove it again no issues shut it off started right back up no issues let my son rid it for about an hour with no issues shut it off started right back up . Came in the house had dinner ( about a hour ) and went back out to start it nothing wouldn't start back to no running again I did check the voltage and it was charging checked it at the plug and at the battery

·
Registered
2014 ACE 325
14 Posts
I’m watching this thread as mine has had me needing to actually hold about half to full throttle to start it. Once it running and warm - no starting issues, but if she’s been sitting, I need to give it throttle like you would with a carb unit sometimes. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Almost like the injectors partially clogged or something.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I’m watching this thread as mine has had me needing to actually hold about half to full throttle to start it. Once it running and warm - no starting issues, but if she’s been sitting, I need to give it throttle like you would with a carb unit sometimes. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Almost like the injectors partially clogged or something.
I had installed a new injector and its still the same

·
Registered
118 Posts
Does it still have low to no compression intermittently? If there is no or low 30 psi to 60 psi compression still it wont run matter how much fuel a new injector delivers it simply wont compress enough to ignite when the spark plug does its thing no matter how much you wish for Christmas.. I would suspect valves or valve timing, piston/piston rings. That $2 dollar spring in the decompressor mechanism could still be the culprit or the arm that contacts the exhaust valve. Partial flat or worn out batteries are another culprit of a long list of problems. Is it running correct weight quality oil ? Blocked dirty air filter will cause dramas as well. Dirty throttle body is another place to look. There is a sock filter that lives with the fuel pump in the tank it can block up with gunk and pump will sound like its going but next to nothing is coming out of it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Does it still have low to no compression intermittently? If there is no or low 30 psi to 60 psi compression still it wont run matter how much fuel a new injector delivers it simply wont compress enough to ignite when the spark plug does its thing no matter how much you wish for Christmas.. I would suspect valves or valve timing, piston/piston rings. That $2 dollar spring in the decompressor mechanism could still be the culprit or the arm that contacts the exhaust valve. Partial flat or worn out batteries are another culprit of a long list of problems. Is it running correct weight quality oil ? Blocked dirty air filter will cause dramas as well. Dirty throttle body is another place to look. There is a sock filter that lives with the fuel pump in the tank it can block up with gunk and pump will sound like its going but next to nothing is coming out of it.
Thanks i will check them out i did change the air and fuel filter with no change still nostart im just ready to scrap it out really i looked into just buying another engine and its not worth the cost and or in the swap out im just getting tired of the p o s

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yeah they are good when they running but a PIA when they arent. I have had a few walks home from the far far end of our place I think half the trouble they are small capacity computer controlled 4 stroke engine tuned to get as much horse power as they can out them to haul the heavy Ace around the slightest thing goes wrong and its the end of them running. Bit like a highly strung chihuahua on red bull. 33 hp for 325 cc's Should of just been a mid 600cc lazy simpler engine making about the same hp and been done with it. I understand your frustration thankfully we didn't trade or sell our Argo when we bought the Ace and it still gets used more than the Ace simply because there is always some b/s thing going wrong with the Ace. It will be something simple thats stopping the engine running just a matter of having the patience to find it..

·
Registered
118 Posts
That is what I think it is as well Rockman something valve related. Maybe adjusted/worn too tight or gunk on a valve stem or seat and one isn't closing all the way properly. Will be something simple or else it wouldn't run at all.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts